What is your marketing plan post Product Hunt launch?

Anil Matcha
24 replies

Replies

Cillian Burns
I have been looking around at a few launches now, and it seems to me that the reception to new products is fairly open and honest. As long as you contribute to the community (help others out and share), it is reciprocated when you launch your own product. That of course is a big oversimplification, but it's the core principle
Kathan Mehta
I would also like to know the answer! I am new & I am about to launch my first ever product. I am unable to secure my first client yet ! any tips for getting first client ?
Sveta Bay
Here's a simple roadmap: - Add more social proof to your landing page (e.g., # of customers, Product Hunt badge, Featured in) - Write down 10 marketing experiments you can run (e.g., different Heading 1, new onboarding flow, etc.) - Pick 10 user acquisition tactics to try in the next 60 days (e.g., sponsor newsletters, buy Google Ads, write curation threads) - Talk to your power users to get 10 feature requests that make your value proposition x10 better - Split marketing and development weeks 50:50 - Hit a nice revenue milestone - Decide: either sell while having nice traction or continue growing
Kathan Mehta
@basv wow this is really helpful. I am almost trying to follow the same for my first product. Even I tried using reddit by posting in the communities to get my first client but in last 3 days reddit has suspended 3 of accounts, Can I please get any feedback or opinion about why is it happening again & again.
Larry Murphy
I'm planning to leverage the momentum from ProductHunt launch by engaging with our new user base for feedback and testimonials, ramping up social media presence, leveraging email marketing with newsletters and updates, reaching out to influencers and bloggers in our niche, optimizing SEO strategies, and exploring strategic partnerships to further extend our product's visibility and user reach.
Oooh great thread going to be watching this
Simona Pale | HAND 👋
Hopefully I will find angel investor
Standard Nerd
I am about to launch my product in a couple of days. Bookmarking this thread for the future use. I'm gonna need this soon.
1. Cold messaging people on Social Media 2. Design an ad campaign with a small budget 3. Focus on organic growth through SEO optimization 4. Take feedback from customers and iterate + build new features.
Matevz Baskovc
Scaling through various marketing channels. One of the easiest one being cold outreach. For that I use: - Apollo - with huge db of emails, but its quite expensive - WarmLeads.io - service that sends fresh leads every month from companies that raised millions and are looking to outsource - with only one time payment - the best value-money I found - Instantly - primarily email sequence software, but also allows sourcing leads by some parameters, Hope that helps!
Nick Anisimov
1. Collect feedback 2. Correction of errors and bugs that users complained about 3. Add your achievements to the site (badges, ratings, and so on). 4. Run ads (retargeting + new users) 4. Continue to collect feedback from users actively. It's in a nutshell.
1. Speak to your users and understand their needs, asks and behaviours. 2. Look at usage metric and try to find your products most loved feature and try to build your story around it. 3. Add PH badge to your website. 4. Share your product roadmap with people who asked for new features so they can be on top of your updates.
Julia Jenkins
Waiting for some answers.
Recently came across the book Traction. I highly recommend it to anyone who may not be well-versed in Marketing. Post Launch, we have a couple of strategies that we want to focus on: - Content marketing is big for us. Things like SEO/blogs, LinkedIn posts, Newsletter, and being active in communities like this one. - Events. As a former Account Executive, events weren't always great as a source for leads. Since our target market is salespeople and that is who usually goes to events, we are focusing our efforts. - Direct sales. People don't know who you are unless you email/call them.
Adebayo Mustafa
Learning alot from this post. Insightful
Nirnimes
We'll be adding the social proof to our socials and website. Plus, reach out to new users who fit our ICP the most and talk to them as much as we can! Do you have any other suggestions? @matcha_anil
Kunal Mehta
At ProApp, we've put together an exciting marketing plan to build momentum after our Product Hunt launch. We believe in a multi-faceted approach that includes reaching out to our existing user base and encouraging them to spread the word about our app. Additionally, we'll be leveraging social media platforms to engage with our community and share valuable insights related to design (you know, tips and tricks that designers will love!). Collaborations with influencers and partnerships with design-related communities are also on our radar to reach a wider audience. But that's not all! We have some surprises up our sleeves too. Stay tuned for some exciting events, webinars, and special promotions that will keep the buzz going. If you want to stay updated with our latest activities and be part of our growing community, check out our Product Hunt launch at ProApp: (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...)
AndreaWang
+1 to get feedback and continue to test for more scalable channels. PH tends to be great for one-time traffic. To sustain long-term growth, you'll still need to find other channels like SEO.
Matteo Mirabelli
Post-launch, we're diving deep into community engagement. Listening, learning, and iterating based on user feedback is key. We're also leveraging content marketing, sharing stories of how Knowlee, our AI assistant, is making a difference by adapting and learning from users' sources.
Edith Royce
CRYPTOCURRENCY RECOVERY MASTER/WIZARD LARRY RECOVERY You may be surprised to learn that you can actually get the money back that you lost to the cryptocurrency scam and many other scams like file recovery, password resets for exams and school grades, bypassing malware removal and expunging criminal records, recovering blank ATM cards, social media hacking, remote mobile monitoring and hacking, credit repair, and private key reset. The person to get in touch with is wizardlarryrecovery.com The Best, Hands Down. WhatsApp Number: +1(480),4,4,8,6,0,9,2 Email Address: Wizardlarry@mail.com Support@wizardlarryrecovery.com