What is your best technique to become disciplined?

Ayşegül Çorok
16 replies
Discipline is a valuable ability in business, in my opinion. Because when there is no motivation, discipline keeps us alive. So I'm curious if you've tried any methods to stay disciplined.

Replies

Ketan Pandit
Get rid of your phone (while you work).
Jason Andries
What I've learned is that creating a habit and sticking to it, usually results in becoming disciplined as well
Sofia Roberts
I break down my goals into small, manageable tasks so I don't feel overwhelmed.
David Tedaldi
Discipline, my friend, is the secret sauce that keeps productivity cooking even when motivation's flame flickers out. And guess what? I've found the perfect recipe that combines time-blocking and discipline: Morgen.so! 🍽️ Morgen.so is like the Swiss Army knife of time-blocking tools. It brings together all of your tasks and calendars in one place, making it a breeze to plan your day. Just drag and drop tasks from your list onto the calendar of choice, and voila! You've got yourself a piping-hot plate of productivity. 🍛 But wait, there's more! Morgen.so is available on all desktop operating systems, as well as Android and iOS. With Morgen.so, you can stay disciplined and organized whether you're on your computer or your smartphone. So, whip up some discipline with Morgen.so and watch your productivity sizzle like vacon) on a Sunday morning! 🥓 And if you come across any other techniques that are as mouthwatering as this, please share! Bon appétit! 2 / 2
Sudeshna Roy
Have the right reasons for doing something. When you know why you're doing something, it becomes easier to stick to it even when things get difficult. (It's cliche, but it always works) Second, don't be a perfectionist. Cut yourself some slack. Every day you'll not feel like giving it your all (physically, mentally and circumstantially). Don't fret over those days. Just move on and focus on what's next.
I usually bribe myself with a treat to stay on track, like a piece of chocolate for every hour of work done. But let's be real, sometimes the treat turns into a whole box of cookies...oops🍪🍪🍪
Milad Karimyar
Discipline is not a product of external force, it is manufactured within oneself. True discipline comes as the result of self-control, willpower, believe and focus multiplied. You see these elements will just put you on the highway, but becoming is always about continuing, it's about pursuing the highway every day, on hard days and the good days, that is why an old man sitting is no longer considered the master of a growing skill, but a teen on the path is destined for greatness if he/she endures.
Mason Williams
This is sort of a double edged sword but I've found that consistency is key to discipline. Consistency is difficult to tackle in and of itself but once you get over it, you put yourself in a much better position for growth.
Wake up early, hit gym and take a cold shower bath, it makes you disciplined, maximises your productivity and makes you strong!
Tom Willetts
A mix of positive reinforcement (giving yourself rewards at certain milestones), developing a routine/ habit, and generally just making myself do something when it needs doing! Learning how to become self-motivating is an incredible skill to have, across business, hobbies, wellness, and everything else.
Alex Todd
An accountability buddy.
Andrew Mason
Get enough sleep, eat healthy, and exercise regularly.
angel william
Use mistakes as an opportunity to learn and grow, and use that knowledge to become even more disciplined in the future.