What is your best onboarding tool?

Parıltı Erkan ✨
36 replies
Especially for video-based onboarding helps to enhance the process of welcoming and integrating new users. Do you have any suggestions?

Replies

This question was asked just the right time, as we launched @bonboardingapp on PH just a few weeks ago. It does just what you're asking: welcoming and integrating users with in-app guidance. It allows video embeds (as you asked about videos), automatically detects your web apps design and adjusts the styles to fit in seamlessly. Moreover, free for up to 300 monthly active users
I think the main thing with onboarding is to make it as friction free as possible. Demonstrate clearly how the product works though UI design wherever you can so you don't have to have explain on the onboarding :)
@william_mathews1 you are totally right. I agree making the UI design as frictionless as possible is really important but as you know it is not so easy all the time. For sure I agree the your perspective and the product should tell itself without any need for additional explanation. Could I ask you to try our tool, we tried the same thing as you said, and I am wondering about your comments. I would appreciate it if you could try and provide additional feedback to us. Thanks a loot! :) here is our website that you can try for free: https://www.huudle.io/
srushti
I will recommend BambooHR :)
Daniel Zaitzow
@srushti_13 I think they might mean user onboarding but I could be mistaken! I also really liked the Bamboo experience - too bad they got rid of their free tier.
@srushti_13 @dzaitzow Yep you are right, what I mean is user onboarding! Thanks for the clarification.
Beth Cufee
Intercom. It's expensive but no one is better!
@customer_feedback1 I love Intercom as well. Its support provider is also great as I know, and I'll definitely want to try it. Have you experienced it before maybe while I am trying to implement it, I could have some questions for you. :)
Beth Cufee
@parilti_erkan I've already tried it. I'm not the technical guy but I know how valuable is that tool =)
@jakeharr thanks for the advice! I used Userguiding is it the same?
Inside the product I’d use these that mentioned. For the low budget, Notion is convenient. We direct ppl who downloaded to this wiki: https://boxio.notion.site/dac3ab... And it seems to work! 😎🤝🏼
@juliasuontama thanks a lot for the sharing! I checked it out and it seems good, I will examine it in detailed. Thanks!
A couple of weeks ago Supademo 2.0 was launched here and it seems like an awesome tool! It's a platform to create guided demos and seems pretty easy to use. @supademo_joe is the co-founder and he'll be able to give you some great insights.
Joseph Lee
@gusoliveira_ thanks for the mention, Gus! Hundreds of our customers use Supademo as out-of-app tutorials that are interactive, self-paced, and accessible anytime as a link or embed. Here's one we use for our own onboarding: https://app.supademo.com/demo/cl...
@gusoliveira_ @supademo_joe thanks for the sharing! Your guide is well-designed and explanatory thanks for that! I'll keep in touch with you.
Joseph Lee
@gusoliveira_ @parilti_erkan my pleasure. Happy to answer any questions if you have any!
Daniel Zaitzow
Intercom but Arcade is also really slick for product tours if you're not using intercom. We're currently working through what this should look like from a user perspective and will be using our beta cohort to figure it out.
@dzaitzow great suggestion thanks a loot! I have used Arcade many times for product tours and embedded them into our newsletter as well. I also believe that it is a great tool. I will try Intercom for sure as well
Daniel Zaitzow
@parilti_erkan They have some really good startup pricing models that they (I presume) lose money on with the hope that they'll find their unicorn.
Kyle Davidson
I will recommend eduMe.
Ann White
The best onboarding tool is an integrated platform that combines interactive training modules, digital documentation, task management, and employee feedback mechanisms. It should offer a seamless and engaging user experience, facilitating smooth transitions for new hires while ensuring efficient knowledge transfer and alignment with the company's culture and goals.
@ann_white thanks! It is so valuable but I was looking for some user onboarding tools, especially for a Saas product. :)
Sam Nelson
Choosing the best onboarding tool depends on your specific needs, but some popular options include BambooHR, Zenefits, and WorkBright. These tools streamline the hiring process, handle paperwork, and provide a smooth experience for new employees. Assess your company's unique requirements and budget to make the right choice.
@sam_nelson5 thanks for suggestions! I was looking for a user onboarding tool, but I will keep it in mind the case of needed. Thanks a lot!