What is the best way to grow your followers on Product Hunt?

Johnberg Arslan
20 replies
I am curious if there are any proven methods to increase your followers faster.

Replies

Francisco Umpiérrez
Probably patience and the will to help others, then ask for the favour in return
Daniel Zaitzow
@frakumpierrez I think giving (or at least offering) support before you ask for it in this ecosystem is huge.
Tanay from Stacks
There is no fast way. You can start by following a few people who are active in the community and engage with them. Follow some more, engage more. I had a perspective shift for Product Hunt recently. It is a community of makers, people who build and ship stuff. They would likely be busy and most who are active would be also doing it to showcase their product. Unless your audience is other makers, you should use Product Hunt for actual engagement.
Think of it like a party. Be the person who brings the snacks (value) and has the best dance moves (engagement). The more you groove, the more the crowd (followers) gathers around you. Keep dancing! 😉
A loot of engagement! Take part in discussions by providing insightful and thoughtful comments, write reviews, support launches and create interesting discussions:)
Igor Lysenko
Just communicate reasoningly and be active.
Daniel Burns
There are no shortcuts in increasing the followers base. You have to actively engage in discussions. Consistency is key here.
Elena Tsemirava
Just regularly (every day) participate in discussions and try to make valuable replies. And also start discussions yourself.
Dennis Aronov
Just like with every other platform, the only way to grow a genuine following is by being genuinely yourself. Engaging genuinely in other's discussions, upvoting and providing genuine feedback for launches, and so on. If you do this, I think the followers will naturally come.
Nihal Kothiyal
is there any point of having followers on ph?
I'm relatively new to PH and what I've been doing is genuinely interacting with other people. No AI-generated comments, no b.s! The community here is legit and the more you interact with other people, the more they'll interact with you.
Shajedul Karim
followers, a metric, but not the goal. the real win: authentic community engagement. product hunt, a stage. your product, a performance. captivate your audience. your following grows when you offer value, not just a product. insight, stories, solutions. it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. build relationships, not just numbers. every interaction, an opportunity. answer questions, give feedback, be present. consistency over intensity. keep showing up, sharing, learning. keep an eye on trending topics, participate. your voice adds to the collective wisdom. avoid shortcuts, bots, or hollow follows. empty numbers don't convert or engage. think long game. loyal followers today can be your biggest advocates tomorrow. authenticity isn’t a strategy, it's a principle. be real, be you, and they'll come.
Sagar Patel
I’m still new to this, but I try and engage daily! Some days I am better and comment lots. Other days not so much. The goal is to add value as much as I can, and I think it’s been helping me. I just recently joined though so I am still learning. So take what I say with a grain of salt haha
Neel Patel
Engagement and interaction!
Shirley
Maybe engage in meaningful discussions in the comments section of products. Ask questions, provide feedback, and offer help when needed.
HiTab developer
Respond to comments, messages, and mentions. Engaging with your audience shows that you value their input.
Philipp Shay
Create an attractive bio, start discussions, comment on product launches, upvote, participate in discussions, share you link in social networks, think about post timing
Artyom Ananov | Smart Solutions AI
I think the only one proven way is to share your knowledge and expertise. Genuine conversations will lead to followers growth.