What is the best Marketing Strategy for your Product Hunt launch?

Chris Lester
90 replies
Hey Product Hunt, I’m curious what’s YOUR go-to marketing strategy for a launch?

Replies

Yogesh Joshi
Start early - do not keep anything for the last minute!
PRIYANKA MANDAL
@yogesh_joshi9 Starting early is key. I'll make sure to plan ahead and avoid any last-minute rush. Thanks for the tip.
Yogesh Joshi
@chrislester Not sure what the bird gets, but early prep ensures you don't end up with a turkey of a result. Unless you're into Thanksgiving surprises, start early!
Engaging into PH community in Linkedin groups
Chris Lester
@parilti_erkan do you have any links/suggestions for these groups?
Timfong888
@chrislester are these groups (multiple groups) that are active on PH and also LI?
Sourav Das
That's a good topic and I would like to know more too as soon I will launch in PH too
Chris Lester
@dsourav_das I’ll make a follow up post on what trends I see and what others suggest works
Joypal
@dsourav_das launching aint enough in ph. I hunted like 10 products, but it needs a spread of word too. As far as my knowledge you definitely need to have a non-ph audience then automatically you will see your product getting upvotes and comments
Timfong888
@joypal this is helpful to know thanks. What are recommended non PH audiences?
Joypal
@timfong889 twitter and Instagram without any efforts, with little bit of efforts you could manage to gain audience in tech exhibitions or by students in universities.
Abhishek Bhardwaj
Keep Engaging on PH. Also, leverage LinkedIn users and communities. You can work on Reddit, Slack, Facebook, Indie Hacker and other groups as well.
Chris Lester
@abhishek_bhardwaj01 love it! Gonna make sure to give them all the time and energy they deserve
PRIYANKA MANDAL
@abhishek_bhardwaj01 Solid advice. Keeping engagement on Product Hunt and tapping into LinkedIn, Reddit, Slack, Facebook, Indie Hackers, and other communities sounds like a comprehensive plan. Thanks for the valuable suggestions.
Schalk Neethling
Community engagement is invaluable. Rather than focusing solely on metrics, the most vital action is authentic interaction with your users - ask questions, listen to suggestions, and understand pain points. This level of care and transparency builds loyalty even when the odd bug creeps in. Upvotes have their place for quick validation, but the ultimate measure of success is happy users who feel heard, respected, and engaged at each step. This fosters a forgiving, invested audience willing to collaboratively improve the product vs abandoning ship. Open communication drives resilience on both sides; failure becomes collective, temporary, and fixable rather than individual and final. The goal is to enable people to work more effectively or create opportunity, not chasing vanity numbers detached from real needs.
Building community across various social media channels, conveying the story behind your product, sharing features, offering help, and in general maintaining consistency communicating with your community:)
PRIYANKA MANDAL
@sandradjajic Absolutely. Thanks for emphasizing these important aspects. I'll be sure to focus on fostering that connection across social media channels.
Arz
Build a Personal brand. you’ll NEVER need “best marketing strategy”. Once you own the distribution, convert your audience to customers.
Zoe Allen
On the launch day, we offered free demos to check our product and give feedback, and it helped us a lot to attract more customers. We are still offering free demos you can check and share your thoughts on it's functionality Book your demo: https://amlwatcher.com/try-now/
Zoe Allen
@chrislester, Absolutely! The strategy worked wonders for us. AML Watcher thrives on customer reviews, and offering free demos on launch day significantly boosted our customer base. Of course, every product has its unique dynamics, so strategies may differ.
Manab Boruah
Use Twitter to build some noise.
Sahil Kumar
enaging more with PH community start discussion on interesting topic, share your feedback on other launched product and on discussion.
Mark Bugas
Really helpful suggestions here! I'm realizing how important it is to engage with Product Hunt regularly in the lead up to your launch, as that's how you can build relationships and community here. We've been leaning on 1:1 engagement with supporters, customers, partners, etc.
Mark Bugas
@chrislester of course! I'm relatively new to PH so in retrospect wish I had gotten involved way earlier to engage community members and build a following. Hope you're able to follow our upcoming launch! Excited to hear everyone's feedback.
Mansi Trivedi
Talk about your product as much as you can! That's what I've figured it by now.
Chris Lester
@mansi_trivedi1 good idea! They gotta hear about it somehow!
Jacopo Proietti
For us reaching out to other PH members, engage in LinkedIn and facebook communities
Kate Ramakaieva
Do your best to make people fall in love with your protduct and then bring their support during your launch day 💙
Thank you for creating such a great discussion. I learned a lot of interesting things from the answers here
Jeff Mitchell
I'm leaning towards giving more to start by offering freebies to advertisers/customers with no strings attached. Nothing beats free value upfront.
Chris Lester
@odd_nugget give abundantly and expect nothing in return! Eh?
Jeff Mitchell
@chrislester pretty much! But, with a limit, of course. For instance, I'm offering advertisers free credit to run their first ads on my site right now. Anyone who signs up and makes an ad gets the freebie. No card details. No catch.
angel william
Build Pre-Launch Buzz: Don't wait until launch day to start generating excitement. Build anticipation in the weeks leading up to your launch by sharing teasers, behind-the-scenes glimpses, and engaging content on social media, relevant forums, and targeted communities.
Egon Tyrell
Create a Compelling Product Hunt Listing: Your Product Hunt listing serves as the first impression potential users will have of your product. Make sure it's clear, concise, and captivating. Highlight your product's unique selling points, showcase its benefits, and provide a compelling call to action.
@egon_tyrell love this, often overlooked. Clear & concise. Show more, tell less. Take the customer from problem to solution as quickly as possible.
Yemi Oyepeju
I believe engaging with the community here and related communities on LinkedIn works. Also, genuine engagement with people to the point you would tune out of your marketing game.
@uxyemi totally agree on being genuine. Also add in there being curious, ask questions, provide feedback and be yourself.