What is the best advice for cold email marketing newbie?

Janak Patel
18 replies
I launched a SaaS tool, and targeted audiences are people who're active on Twitter and generating leads for themselves. I am doing GoogleAds, content marketing, and organic social email marketing but never tried email marketing. Since we have limited sources I am going to do it by myself. What is your best advice for a newbie?

Replies

Viola Jones
Cold emailing allows you to take your time and choose the right words to craft your emails and, with email outreach software, build a scalable effort to connect with many people. On the flip side, if you’re cold calling your prospects, you have to spend a lot of time going through phone numbers, having individual conversations with people, evaluating if they would be a good fit, and it’s incredibly time and lab-intensive. And for your cold calls, you must be ready with the right answers for each question your prospect has. Best Regards, Viola Jones https://writemyessay.nyc writer
Janak Patel
@viola_jones Direct talk gives us direct feedback and we might get better at our sales call. I loved it. But response rate is low and people get annoyed. I'm betting on after sending cold emails, seeing the intent of users , if it shows interest I'd try to set up the call. Hopefully that works!
Daniel Engels
@viola_jones sending an email is less intusive too
Ludovico Petrali
For me is mainly done manually. I define my target segment, I create a google doc with the names and then add the emails using Rocketreach. No automations. Based on the profile I reach out in a particular way. Its a slow process but at least you create a personalized message. But I am in B2B so B2C maybe requires more speed.
Janak Patel
@ludovico_petrali Thank you for sharing. I collected over 200K emails to target. Personalized messaging is the way, but how many people do you target at a time if you go manual?
Janak Patel
@ludovico_petrali @daniel_engels That is good approach but difficult to handle when userbase is grown
Ludovico Petrali
@daniel_engels @janak_patel56 you are right Janak. As said. We are very early days and B2B - I haven’t had the experience on B2C with bigger userbase. For email automations I can suggest you to look at Mailchimp maybe.
Daniel Engels
@ludovico_petrali I'd love other email marketers take the same approach as you
Neri Raanani
- Get inspired: * Save every email that catches your eye and attention and use them when you create your own. * Check out "Reallygoodemails" or other email reference websites - Subject line: do not underestimate its importance! For us, it is best to use the contact name, company name, etc. - Research the best day and time to send out emails to your audience. Consider what would grab your attention and what emails you would read, and follow that. Good luck :)
Daniel Engels
@neri_raanani can't agree more on the importance of the subject line. That's what determines the open rate
Janak Patel
@neri_raanani That's great advice. I should start collecting and experimenting. Do you use any email -subject line suggesting tool?
Neri Raanani
@janak_patel56 Nope I don't use any tool to do that - I mostly rely on inspiration from other emails. I sometimes test the subject line on my colleagues or friends by sending them 2/3 options and asking them which one caught their eye.
Hedy Nelson
hunter.io is a good tool, but it is limited in free plan.
Janak Patel
@hedy_nelson I use Mailgun. I heard about hunter. It is good but it is expensive for us at this stage
Tracy Berge
I’ve perused all kinds of topics on your channel, and I always thoroughly enjoy all of your content. https://donkey-kong.io
Nitin P
Use a persona when reaching out to the prospect. Use names and also introduce yourself upfront. We did that and got almost 20 signups