What is one thing you learned early in your career that you continue to use in your current job?

Mete Kurt
35 replies
Learning from experiences and continuously developing new skills are important aspects of a profession. I think effective communication and how it can help build trust and collaboration with colleagues is a key skill. Please share your own experiences that may help us.

Replies

Victor Kernes
Communication is the most important skill and practice needed at any company. Without clear communication, you will experience frustration, lack of clarity, and most of all, the company won’t be successful.
Aaron O'Leary
Time management is literally everything, if you don't manage your time properly everything will be delivered sub par
Dr Alexander Young
Being consistent and showing up everyday. Whether it’s marketing content or product iteration getting 1% better everyday adds up exponentially over time.
Doğu Gül
@alexanderfyoung I think being consistent is more important than being motivated
Kemal Karatas
I was a perfectionist. After unfortunate results, I forgave what I did and solved problems. Anything happens, current situation leads the way with previous performance.
Doğu Gül
@kemal_karatas Sometimes done is better than perfect, right?
Magic Mike Paine
Outwork everyone, be respectful, responsible, accountable, humble, and patient. Good things will come.
Gabriel Romero
Be accountable, humble and patient. Good things take time and persistence is key! This is especially true and comforting to remember in bad days when things are going sideways.
Ryan Tando - Dezbor.com
Communication, a good communication flow between each team / team members could really increase the productivity and reduce bottleneck
Dhanraj Dhanokar
Mindset is everything and I mean everything.
Business Marketing with Nika
Do things that you believe in, that make sense to you because if you have that inner motivation and drive, you are persistent to continue when others quit.
Doğu Gül
@busmark_w_nika Absolutely! When we are passionate about what we do and believe in it, we are more likely to stay motivated and persist even when facing challenges or setbacks.
Business Marketing with Nika
@dogu.gul What activities are those you are thrilled to do?
Lillie Anne Vogt
Less of a skill and more of a practice, but not engaging in office gossip. When you're out for your coworker's best interests, it makes collaboration 100% more effective and enjoyable.
Doğu Gül
@lillie_anne_vogt Choosing to focus on positive and constructive communication, and supporting our colleagues rather than talking behind their backs, can help build a more positive and productive work environment.
Bald_pixel
As a Product Designer, I'd say that having a good relationship with the Programmers Team is the key. Before I learned that, I used to overestimate the technical feasibility of some features I was designing, because I wasn't including programmers in design reflexions at all. On some projects, we had to initiate some major changes on high fidelity prototypes that were way too complex to code in a short period of time.
Doğu Gül
@koronowicz When we are honest in our actions and interactions with other team members, we build stronger relationships based on trust and mutual understanding.
Dale Bulbrook
Write the system specs AND the User Guide and get them approved FIRST. Then build the system accordingly.
Dmytro Litvinov
That I was hired not for my hard skills, but for resolving customers' problems in IT on time and on budget. I wish more developers
Abhijeet Narvekar
Give your best to any project you undertake. Even is you feel you have done it 100 times before, prepare again for the 101 also. Learnt this when giving a high value presentation. I felt I had it all covered. But my mentor insisted to do a practice round with him that week 4 times. and when I presented, it surpeised me as well.
Rakshith Ravi
It's easy to get lost in the finer details. Always take a step back and look at the big picture: Where is this all leading to? What can the customer do with this? Why do they need this? How will this all fit together from the customer's point of view?
Doğu Gül
@_rakshithravi_ Sometimes we shouldn't dive into the details. It is good to look from different perspectives as you mentioned :)
Alex-Psico
I'm clinical psychologist and still applying the statement: I'm responsible for what I say no for what you understand or believe. It still helps in all post, comments and replies... nowadays most are lazy to read and try to understand or ask about what you don't really understand, but most are keen to refuse what you said without really got it