What inspired you to build your product?

Jonni Gani
45 replies
Please share your origin story πŸ™‚

Replies

Spiros Martzoukos
I got laid off two times in 6 months. Obviously I'm at at this employment thing πŸ˜…
@martzoukos Very sorry to hear Spiros. I hope you'll bounce back soon. Apologies, I don't quite follow. Are you working on an app to help people find jobs?
I'll start. As an introvert I always avoided posting online. Then I discovered Product Hunt and its super welcoming community. It gave me the courage to start posting and commenting here. It's been great, to say the least (apart from spam issues). After a while I noticed a few things that would really improve Product Hunt, like dark mode. So I made a Chrome plugin that makes Product Hunt more fun! How about you?
Ted Schaefer
@jgani hey, that's a pretty good idea! wonder if you could build DMs on top of ProductHunt (probably via integration with another social platform) πŸ˜„
@sixbangs I have been contemplating it for weeks now. I was concerned about it fuelling more spam, but today I just had an idea for how to solve it nicely! Can I ask what you'd use DMs for? Also, could you please clarify what you mean by integration with another social platform?
Ted Schaefer
@jgani just continuing conversations outside of discussions instead of having to find people on LinkedIn, X, etc. but yeah, i expect it would be heavily used for spam
@sixbangs I consulted with a few tech founder friends and they gave me goods idea for designing a DM that is pretty spam proof. I'll give it a crack. BTW when are you launching? Can you share your teaser page so I can subscribe to it?
TheBigK
Distraction. I am working on my community platform and began building a new feature. Realised that it could be a stand-alone product itself and built it over the next 4 days. Now I'm giving it finishing touches, integrating payments and planning to launch on PH early next week.
@thebigk Looking forward to your launch. Many spinoffs end up bigger than the main project. Slack and Flickr came to mind.
TheBigK
@jgani You are right, Jonni. The problem is I'm still working on the main project and it's not launched yet. That's why I called it distraction. I figured that I could built it as a separate product very quickly and therefore began building it. Very happy with the progress. Will demo it here on the community before PH launch.
Oleksandr Buratynskyi
Community of active travelers. We had a vlog with my co-founder and people asked for many advices like where to go? What to do? How much will it cost? πŸ’² etc. We made a survey and gathered all responses in one place, it allowed us to understand the need and necessity of what we’re still doing - All-in-one travel app for travel Creators and modern tourism.
@sasha_buratynskyi That sounds exciting. For me what I'd want from a travel app is suggestions for secret destinations that are not crowded :)
Oleksandr Buratynskyi
@jgani that's exactly what we're providing) We're taking authors that picked every location by hand, uncover hidden gems and making every itinerary with love.
SahilπŸŽ§βš›οΈ
After immersing myself in Flutter development for the past year, I couldn't help but notice a recurring pattern across all my projects. Time and again, I found myself coding the same essential components and integrations. This repetition sparked an idea: why not create something to streamline the process for fellow Flutter developers? And so, Flutfast was born out of this realization. Unlike just another boilerplate, Flutfast is my solution to gathering all those common elements we constantly need into one convenient toolkit. My aim? To simplify and accelerate the process of building mobile apps in Flutter, allowing developers to kickstart their projects with ease.
Nachiket Patel
I am a tech person. So many software products are inspired by recognizing a problem or inefficiency in the world that could be solved or improved with technology. This might be a personal frustration or a gap in the market that hasn't been addressed adequately.
Hossein Yazdi
I've said this before. Looking at similar products likes us and the potential of it, inspired me most, aside from my passion of curating top tools online and sharing them with others.
Abdellah
Hi Jonni We have built a product to solve the pain points we faced years ago ! if i go back on time i'll make sure to avoid: - Missing CRM process. - Missing payments, costs tracking system. - Absence of a centralized system that allow you to hire business people to drive sales opportunities. - No dashboard centric on KPIs. - A fragmented project or task management system. Looking forward to launch soon :)
@abdellah_abbous I love your product idea! It helps organisations solve growing pains, which is one of the best types of pains.
Sia
This is going to sound weird, but to some degree, Matthew Perry's death.
Wyatt Feaster
Talking with people and hearing their problems and a desire not to work for someone else for the rest of my years! https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Gurkaran Singh
As a fellow tech enthusiast, I can totally relate to the inspiration behind building innovative products. Origin stories always make me appreciate the creative journey and hard work that goes into bringing ideas to life. Looking forward to learning more about your unique journey!
Ricardo Batista
My own pain: realizing its 6PM and I still have 100 unread emails to read.
@rbatista19 A lot of people have this problem. It's a good space to be in. How are you solving it?
Ayan Bandyopadhyay
When one of my YC batchmates decided to sell their startup, I realized that there isn't enough information or guidance available to founders around M&A. For such an important part of the startup journey, selling your company is an under-discussed topic.
Chris Lee
Helping me to solve my own problems is my biggest motivation.
@chris_leee And what are those problems? :)
weech
Mid life crisis! I was laid off last year and had time to ponder what’s next... Discovered no-code platforms, which rekindled my interest in programming; I started to think of how I could maybe build software in order to be able to fulfill the digital nomad dream…
@weech Very sorry to hear about the layoff. Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise. Looking forward what you end up building :)
T Sudhish Nair
Product Pricing. There are so many SaaS products out there in the market, but we feel most of them are not priced correctly. That's when we started building neeto products. https://www.neeto.com/ We are launching our new product neetoRecord which is Loom alternative on April 2nd - https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
ni ni
ε―θƒ½ζ˜―εœ¨θΏ™ι‡Œε―δ»₯ηœ‹εˆ°ζ›΄ε€šζ–°ηš„δΊ§ε“ε’Œεˆ›ζ„οΌŒζ˜―δΈ€δΈͺ非常ε₯½ηš„δΊ€ζ΅θšι›†εœ°
Kerolena Lena
Buy Ozempic online UK requires wariness and adherence to lawful and wellbeing rules. Ozempic is a professionally prescribed drug used to treat type 2 diabetes, and it ought to just be gotten through an authorized medical care supplier after an intensive assessment of the patient's clinical history and current condition. While there might be sites proposing to sell Ozempic without a remedy, it is vital to stay away from such sources as they might be fake or give fake medications, which can present serious wellbeing gambles. It is consistently most secure to talk with a certified medical services proficient and get Ozempic through genuine channels to guarantee its viability and wellbeing in overseeing diabetes.