What features do you consider essential for a video meeting platform?

Shaur ul Asar
26 replies

Replies

Michael Choupak
recording is not enough in itself, one has to be able to replay recorded video meetings in a nice user friendly format (unlike Zoom).
Privacy and security features are a must to protect sensitive conversations.
Shaur ul Asar
@mani_abod I completely agree. Privacy and security features are crucial to protect sensitive conversations in a video meeting platform. Ensuring that confidential information remains secure during video meetings is essential for building trust and maintaining the integrity of the discussions.
MikeKwok
Sure for privacy, easily & richly interactive function would be a huge plus too
Vivek Garg
One and only "Privacy"
Chris Watson
Group video call, screen sharing, etc.
Elizabeth Tishchenko
- Support of low-bandwidth connection. Many platform fail at the point. I do often cross-continent calls and video-quality could be better - Basic layout changes, so you can pin/place others to the right positions
Larry Murphy
Essential features for a video meeting platform include high-quality video and audio capabilities, screen sharing and collaboration tools, chat functionality, and reliable connectivity to ensure seamless communication and productivity.
Carl Richardson
Protecting private interactions requires robust privacy and security options.
Shaur ul Asar
@crichardsn1 No doubt! Ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of the meetings is crucial for a safe and trusted environment.
Sadam Ali
Recording and playback options enable reviewing and sharing meeting content.
Shaur ul Asar
@shah_sahil Absolutely! they enhance collaboration and provide a valuable reference for participants. Great suggestion!
One essential feature for a video meeting platform is reliable connectivity. It should also allow file sharing, whiteboarding, scheduling, recording, and screen sharing to facilitate collaboration.
Shaur ul Asar
@realvladgolub Agreed! Reliable connectivity is crucial for a smooth video meeting experience. File sharing, whiteboarding, scheduling, recording, and screen sharing are mandatory features.
Sharing the screen, option to record the meeting are the first that came to my mind 😊
Shaur ul Asar
@sandradjajic Absolutely! Sharing the screen and the ability to record meetings are indeed essential features. They enhance collaboration and provide a way to capture important discussions. Great suggestions! 😊
Henna Grey
Everything should be Smooth.
Max Yamp
How about having an AI-generated automated meeting summary? It'll save you all the hassle of taking notes and give you a quick rundown of everything discussed.
John Carmichael
Simplicity, ease of use, smart quality reduction on bad internet connections. For bigger groups... the ability mute, spotlight and in meeting chat that can also be threaded.
Stephen Paul Weber
Needs to degrade gracefully on poor internet connections and support verifiable end to end encryption that users can trust.
Garland Coulson (Captain Time)
Integration with email list management programs, virtual backgrounds, virtual whiteboards, screen sharing, calendar integration, recording
Osric D'Souza
I think an important a important feature is an attendance sheet, engagement tracking and meeting minutes.
Ekrem Γ‡etinkaya
Having no technical issues is the only thing I care about. You can come up with all the fantastic features but they do not mean anything when you are struggling to meet the essential function of the tool, MEETING.