What do you use to plan for 2023? Notion?

Easlo
2 replies
I'm a heavy user of Notion, so that includes goal and project tracking for me. More recently, I started using the iPad Freeform app to brainstorm and visualize ideas.

Replies

Ramon Williamson
What I use (and recommend) before software: paper. I’ve gone through the best annual review and planning tools I’ve found over the years and created one printable document with a series of exercises and questions to focus. I’m working through that document over the next week. I also use my whiteboard and sticky notes to visualize and brainstorm ideas (think manual mindmapping). Finally, I bring it all together (the big ideas) in one 11x17 sheet to use as a kind of “North Star” for the year. Then I use a software tool for the day-to-day focus and execution. My experience and observation is that the planning is 80% aligning mission/theme/vision/values/systems, etc and 20% things to do. Getting the compass right makes it easier to find and protect the right daily focus and flow and projects that move the needle. I love the idea of having one tool like Notion as a planning/focus/dashboard tool. The trouble is, most templates are of little use for 99% of people. They’re made by technical types who think very different when it comes to how things are organized. I’m actually thinking about turning the Zero Resistance Productivity system I created into a template-based tool using Notion or Tana. I’d love to have everything in my iPad. The hard thing is figuring out how to do certain things that support the natural flow of daily productivity vs trying to fit what I want to do into a template or tool. 💡for 2023 :) PS: Freeform is a nice app. I also like GoodNotes.