What do you use ChatGPT for?

Ankur Singh
74 replies

Replies

Senthil
Currently use it for content creation, coding, creating blog outline and follow up email content
Corey Sanders
Right now just playing around with it. Plan to use it for formulating copy for my website and assisting with crafting emails.
Anil Matcha
Using to test out various hypothesis
Angeli Zhao
@matcha_anil That's a cool approach, care to share how you do so?
Tom Bentley
Casually messing around with it, asking for fiction-writing prompts, like outlining a novel's theme/plot by examining two old Mark Twain novels and requesting the AI to supply a mashup in a modern vein.
Ankur Singh
@tombentleynow Ya it is pretty good with fiction. I asked it to create a script of movie similar to pulp fiction with a bollywood actor, the result was believable.
amir
Pretty much everything nowadays as an assistant - content production and editorial stuff - planing and organization - brainstorming, conceptualizing and ideation - coding
Ankur Singh
@amirhouieh Great, how is the response to generated content?
amir
@singh_ankur it's quite good actually. However there is still need for continues supervision and constant hammering. It's important to know it's limits and constraint; it's a good assistant not the best author!
Oscar Schyns
@amirhouieh Is it for coding more helpful than a Stackoverflow for example?
amir
@flipchat well IMHO they address two different problems. Depending on your coding level, stack overflow particularly is surely better for beginners and intermediate levels; you can learn a lot by reading discussions around a coding problem and being exposed to different solutions. While ChatGPT or any LLM should be more used as a automation tools that ease the job for advanced coders that understand the logics but just don't want to spend (waste?) much time writing a routine and logic. It's the same for reading GitHub issues threads.
Ankur Singh
@aaron_jacksonyy Chatgpt is a conversational chatbot by OpenAI with ability to answer questions in a way human would. It can write code, suggest things to do, write a script or suggest a business idea and more.
souparna roy
rightnow just playing around with it.
Vie Le
Personnally, at the moment, It's worth helping to increase community engagement. I see the members are quite interested in interacting with it
Ankur Singh
@vief Ok, have you integrated ChatGPT in your community?
Hubert
A buddy and I (@zenghoulim) decided to leverage on the OpenAI language models to build a slack bot that helps users find and recall important conversations within Slack by providing summaries of channel conversations and answering questions about past conversations. 🤖 pre-launch page here (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...)... 🤖 P.S. you can already install and use the bot for free in beta on our live website. (https://www.asksomi.app/)
Rex Kumaran
We dabbled with this for content creation but found it limited for our needs. I think one use case (ChatGPT not the underlying GPT3 model), could be as an alternative to Google Search. With Google, you ask a question and then may have to open up a few tabs from various sources and collate a view. With ChatGPT, a single consolidated view is presented. However, one drawback from the current version is that the data is trained until 2021. So if you type in "What is ChatGPT" into the OpenAI ChatGPT search bar, it says it is isn't familiar with that model. As a side project, we are thinking of leveraging the underlying GPT3 model at a later date and training it on the macro investment research from a number of providers. But that's for a later feature of our underlying product. I'm still using Google for search as it is easier to access and humans for the content we create.
Micheal B
marketing copy as an inspiration
Indy Gregg
casual binary conversation. I ask it to chat me up and boost my morale. works a charm. 😂😂😂
Zoe Khel
Haven't tried it yet
Adithya Narayanan
Using it these days as a brainstorming buddy for content and start-up ideas. Usually find that front-loading it with information before starting a conversation - leads to some pretty cool results!
Bhavik Singh Minhas
Funny thing you mentioned ChatGPT... LongShot is launching its version, which generates fresh and relevant user-sourced content with citations... yep! Fresh as a daisy.
Indu Thangamuthu
Just the usual human mind...messing around in every possible way. 😅 More like, ChatGPT is keeping me engaged at my boredom
Sanjay Somashekar
I have been trying to test out it's capabilities. Helps me structure whatever I'm looking for and gives me an idea of what it the end result is supposed to look like
Priya Jamba
I have used it for writing parts of blogs, social media copy, and certain marketing frameworks. In my opinion, the generated content comes a bit much verbose. One has to do a lot of prompt experimentation to get the desired output. Good tool but a lot of personal touchups required.
Ankur Singh
A ChatGPT alternative which is connected to the internet https://www.producthunt.com/disc...