💬 What do you think of Threads, Meta’s new Twitter Alternative?

Chaitanya Badave
105 replies
Meta has launched ‘Threads’ an alternative to Twitter. Have you signed up for Threads? What do you think, does it live up to its Hype? Feel free to share your Threads Profile here. Let’s Follow each other 🚀

Replies

Farooq (SF Ali) Zafar
Threads isn't a Twitter clone or killer. It's predicated on a completely new paradigm: built on Instagram (with BYO username import fresh out of the box), based in Meta's ecosystem (monopolistic network effect), and fediverse-friendly (however this plays out remains to be seen). This is exciting. Having said this, you know what to do: https://www.threads.net/@sfali789
Harsh Maheshwari
I think its a hype for some time but they definitely have some cool stuff like Dark is lit 🔥🔥
Chaitanya Badave
@harsh_maheshwari2 Yes. Loads quite fast compared to Twitter.
Nacho Franchini
I've created a post so we can follow each other there! Check it here: https://www.producthunt.com/disc...
Sounds like a rehash. It might go well for some time due to the hype. But it'd be hard to experience steep growth beyond a time without any innovation that attracts people.
paprika memes
If it enables me to download streaming video, it would be better than Twitter!!🤡
Chaitanya Badave
@paprika_memes you mean download videos shared by others? or live streaming?
Vladislavs Sprengels
I believe that because of Meta copying and integrating features from their competitors (Snapchat, Twitter and others) they will create a monopoly on social media. Instagram added stories a feature on snapchat that is really popular. Slowly they will make a platform which has everything a user needs. Also they will try to buy everything just like Whatsapp.
Nick Anisimov
I just found out that I can't download it in Europe. As always, thanks, Mark 😆
Chaitanya Badave
@nickanisimov Oh. Is it not available to download in Europe?
Julien Fayad
@chaitanyabadavein @nickanisimov or they are not yet GDPR compliant... that means a lot... smells like 💩
Alex Petruchio
I don't believe in Mark's projects for a long time — just hype.
Chaitanya Badave
@alex_petruchio I wish they would have better focused on what they already have like Facebook and Instagram. Facebook Algorithm is dying.
Tomáš Blaťák
Defenetly will try, on begening that can be good aquasition channel something like ClubHouse few years past, but I do not think so that Threads will have place between other socials.
Maicon | side.tech
Just more one, just a Hype with a clean UX :)
Samuel Perry
Threads, huh? Well, Meta diving into the micro-blogging world, about time. Interested to see how they'll differentiate from Twitter's well-established territory.
Ishwar Jha
Hey, It looks interesting! I just downloaded and signed up. Also, getting 10 million people sign up within a few hours of launch certainly shows that people are looking for credible alternative to Twitter.
BALAMURALI T R
A platform where my friends on Instagram are seeing me talk about work.
Chaitanya Badave
@balamurali Why not LinkedIn to talk and share about work? A more professional way & better reach :)
Jenel Ramos
It's young unlike Twitter, and lacks the features of Twitter which the users of the platform like. But it has good potential because it's connected to Instagram too, which is a platform that is used by a lot.
New platforms like Threads add to the digital landscape's vibrancy. In the same vein, we've launched Lingoedit, a tool that brings AI to language editing and translation. Feel free to explore...
Chaitanya Badave
@oguncsimsek Great. What's the competitive advantage over Google Translator and others?
Max Yamp
Remember the Clubhouse?
Chaitanya Badave
@yampolsky yeah. Thinking the same. Without clear vision Threads can die over time just like Clubhouse.
Yash Gupta
I think the search option still needs some work but it seems to be an easy switch for existing twitter users
Cyril Gupta
I think it's very under powered. Not comparable to Twitter at this time. They got millions of sign-ups cause they used Instagram. They will have early traction but unless they make the app more usable and release a web version they will be a niche product.
Chaitanya Badave
@cyriljeet It’s interesting to hear your thoughts on Threads. It seems like there are mixed opinions about the platform. Some people appreciate its simplicity and fast loading times, while others feel that it lacks certain features compared to Twitter. The integration with Instagram seems to be a unique aspect that attracted millions of users in short period of time.
RDS
Tbh, I like it more than twitter
Chaitanya Badave
@rds1 😮. I liked that they kept things simple. But it's too simple. No Hashtags, DM and quite basic for public launch...