What do you think about DMs in Product Hunt?

Nihal Kothiyal
32 replies
I would love to see DMs in Product Hunt. I mean you can directly approach the person who are following you or the other people can directly approach you.

Replies

Minha Nadeem
It would be a great feature to add here on PH, since many people who want to engage and interact with others do so via either LinkedIn or Twitter. It'd be convenient to have the feature added here to save time
Chris Williams
100% agree - the ability to DM would be enormously helpful. Give each user the controls to turn them off or on like Discord, so that if you want to restrict, you can only accept DMs from people you follow or from no one or from anyone. Maybe even a badge on a profile alerting those Hunters that are open to being DM'd about new projects so that you can reach out to folks here that are interested without being at risk for spamming anyone.
Hashnimo
I wouldn't love to see DMs, but I would appreciate a DM toggle.
Guillaume Sá
It'd be too much, spam.
Nihal Kothiyal
@iamgdsa what if they add something to counter it?
Vlad Zivkovic
I think It would cause a spam issue.
Nihal Kothiyal
@vladimir_zivkovic ability to choose to open/close your DM And message request to filter low level messages
Vlad Zivkovic
@nihalkothiyal there is a lot to do about it, but overall I think is better to communicate in public like we do right now. If there is value I am sure they will do it by now or maybe they plant to do it at some point...
Bren Kinfa 💎 SaaS Gems
I think it would lead to a lot of spam, unfortunately.
I’d like to have it but I do worry about the amount of Spam I’d get!
Zeng
Great idea! I believe this is a great feature. I meet a lot of amazing people on PH. We all are connected through Twitter DM. PH dm will be a game changer.
Valorie Jones
I would love this feature, particularly if you could opt out. I think it would be another great way to connect with customers and collaborate with other developers.
Yavuz Tunc Emran
I don't understand why we don't have DMs here. It would help us a lot in networking and building a community!
Hugo DEVEZE 🏴‍☠️
That’s the feature I’m looking for since I started to use daily Product Hunt That would be reallyyyy useful and helpful instead of doing back and forth between LinkedIn and product hunt
Kathan Desai
Agreed, PH already is a great tool for connecting with like minded folks, if there was an option to DM or Chat, it could increase the engagement on platform itself. But I will then, PH might just become like any other social media tool
Nihal Kothiyal
@kathan_desai1 It would be great to have a option to DM with set of other options like: > option to open/close your DM > something like message request to counter spam and much more
Shachar Keidar
I would love it if PH would add DM's, it will be so much easier to connect!
Justin Bassett-Green
as a longtime Dungeon Master, this was a very confusing title