What do you think about AI comments?

Olena Bomko
31 replies

Replies

Jose Rodríguez
I don't engage with them.
Paolo Go
When I see such comments I tend to get annoyed and lose all the consideration I have for the person posting these comments.
Ryan Zhang
I think AI comments, when crafted thoughtfully, can add significant value by providing insightful perspectives or clarifying complex topics. However, it's crucial they're used responsibly to enrich discussions without overshadowing genuine human interaction.
Baran Cezayirli
@ryan_motiff I was going to write the same :D The wording is so obvious and I even do not think it is relevant. Which complex topics we are trying to explain in our comments?
Tyler Barber
They are overused and usually pretty easy to spot at the moment, but it's just going to keep getting more and more difficult to identify. Kind of a scary precedent when you think about it. It's easier to sway opinions when its deployed on a mass scale.
Dani Schenker🇨🇭
Most AI content is already bad. But AI comments are completely useless.
Stephen Jeske
The issue isn't about AI. It's whether the comment is insightful, valuable, and helpful. Most often that's not the case.
Ted Schaefer
most humans aren't very good at operating AI yet, so they don't provide it with enough context to make a good comment. that makes them easy to spot, annoying, and worthless.
Baran Cezayirli
@sixbangs It is not about using correct prompts. If you are commenting on someone else's post why would you need AI in the first place? I understand you can use AI to clear up your thoughts when you create content and perhaps fix your grammar but this is an interaction with someone else.
Ted Schaefer
@baran_cezayirli yep, true enough. i would consider it to be inauthentic, but i think people will do it anyway, and at some point it will be impossible to tell the difference.
Janak Patel
AI comments should be used as a helper not as complete replacements. You have to add your input and edits. The same applies to any AI-related content stuff.
Janak Patel
@darren_chen When people see AI is doing, they start becoming lazy
Jose Garrido
What would be an example of a blatant AI comment?
Viola Schoell
Launching soon!
I ignore them. How do you deal with them?
Olena Bomko
@viola_s The same. I just don't know what to do if I know the author. I think I should DM them about their comments.
Andre Yang
Never use AI comments
Brandon Linn
I never use AI comments
Egon Tyrell
AI comments are not good
Judith Clary
i always ignore them
Fitz Dupuy
I hate AI comments
Ling Tien
Always ignore them
Baran Cezayirli
I don't see a point. If you are trying to spam the internet to grow your following, it is fine I guess however, if you will be interacting with your followers with AI, how you are going to sell them?