What do you do when you physically feel you have no energy but still need to get many things done?

Martina Hackbartt
16 replies

Replies

william calvat
I either stand up and walk around to change my mind, start my daily workout, or have a nap if fatigue is too high and I have available time for it.
Software Guy (Aarvy)
@thatswam Yes, that's right, we can also improve our diet to stay more productive, and eat consume more minerals and protient throughout the day.
Julia Zakharova
I sleep. 20-90 minutes, as time permits
Martina Hackbartt
@julia_zakharova2 I tried to do this a couple of times! But I end up not being able to sleep, and then I didn't sleep neither got my things done😂
Fares
my whole life's long problem, I push myself to continue despite the fatigue, even if my productivity is not optimal
Animesh Koratana
I've always found that when I don't have any energy, it's usually because of 1 of 2 reasons: 1. Motivational reasons (do I feel drained and tired because I do not want to complete an annoying task?) 2. Physical reasons (am I tired bc I didn't sleep well, didn't eat or am sick?) If 1, then I find it most useful to take a step back and think through the challenge on my plate - does it need to be done now? Is there a way that I'm thinking about this that's exacerbating the problem and could be corrected? If these aren't productive inquiries then I shift into "get it done" mode - understanding that while it may not be enjoyable, my work is in service of my broader goals. If 2, then I try to rectify the problem directly - eat, take a nap, take some medication or just put things down and rest. By pushing through these types of fatigue without addressing them, I feel I accumulate a certain amount of debt which compounds over time and leads to a general sense of burnout, which I always try my best to avoid.
Ataei
If I have time, I'd sleep a little. If not, I'll push myself to get them done.
Baishali Chhabra
This is a common challenge that many people face, and it can be difficult to know what to do when you feel like your energy is depleted but still need to get things done. The best solution generally involves balancing rest with activity. If possible, try to take short breaks throughout the day instead of working straight through without any breaks at all. This will help you stay energized and motivated. Additionally, make sure that the tasks you are trying to complete are not too strenuous or taxing; this will also help conserve your energy for more important tasks later on in the day.
Aleyna Çatak
Pretend :D Fake it till you make it 🫡
Edward Cederlund
i take breaks, even if super short. disconnecting from the task at hand and taking a moment to focus on breathing for example, really helps with recharging to keep going
Nicole Chaplin
I take a nap. I have learned not to push my body to the point of exhaustion.