What did you learn from your first customer/user?

Elizabeth Tishchenko
24 replies
We learnt that feedback is gold and users have talent of finding edge corners in your product. No matter how well your product is designed there are always will be some mind-blowing findings.

Replies

Iryna Komarnitska
I agree with you wholly. Feedback is precious. The user sees what developers may underestimate.
Elizabeth Tishchenko
@iryna_komarnitska exactly. We are biased with what we're building and can't judge our solution clearly after certaisn point.
Jonayed Tanjim
Hear more, talk less.
Shubham Pratap Singh
Yes every feedback is valuable :)
Soner Alemdar
to be super patient :D
Ishwar Pawar
@nevemind_com Feedback, Feedback and improvement to our product. That's why we relaunched LeaLi yesterday.
Elizabeth Tishchenko
@leali Congrats on your launch. I bet you've receieved a lot of it. Good luck with implementing on th this feedback!
Rohit Joshi
I completely agree. Feedback is important for the understanding of both the strengths and areas of improvement in any product. Different users bring diverse perspectives and utilize products in unique ways. so, every feedback holds significance in driving the growth and development of a product.
Elizabeth Tishchenko
@rohitjoshi well summarized! Diversity is a key, if they are all represent your target audience, otherwise it could bring a lot of noise that would distract from the right dirction.
André J
Launching soon!
That you can not emphasis onboarding enough. Onboarding onboarding onboarding. In fact build the onboarding before you build anything else 😂
Elizabeth Tishchenko
@sentry_co I'd argue that product is still a key, but without a proper onboarding nobody would fugure out how to use it...
André J
Launching soon!
@nevemind_com Sure. You have to have a differentiator the users want. But soooo many fail onboarding and think it's something wrong with their product. It might be this ship early culture I dunno.
Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
I learned that I'm building a product for THEM, not for me or my ego. It's there to serve customers/users.
Nick Anisimov
Once upon a time, I found out that our product could be much better than competitors, and people really think so.
Elizabeth Tishchenko
@nickanisimov I feel sometimes its not only about the features, but also interpersonal relations. If you have great connection with your users they will tell you what they need and will lead you all the way through to conquer your market and beat competition.
yash
In my B2B experience , ROI showcase is very important
Bhanu Gogia
That you should always work for the customer and not the other way around!
Padmakar Roy
Verbal feedback is very crucial for developing a product that's useful and intuitive for the user. But while taking the feedback, it's important to sticking to understanding the pain-points of the users. Asking for users for feature recommendations is not a good idea because users always don't know what they want. They may just get creative while recommending features. But they do understand their pain-points. So, sticking to understanding pain points would be a good idea. If a users themselves tell you they want a particular feature, ask them what pain-point will this feature? Have they faced this pain-point? When?
Kunal Mehta
We learned that active communication and gathering feedback from our first customer were invaluable. Understanding their needs and pain points allowed us to refine our edtech application to better cater to users' preferences, leading to enhanced user experience and overall satisfaction.