What books do you plan to read in 2023?

Laurie Hérault
14 replies

Replies

Anoir Houmou
Dare to Lead by Brené Brown
Anoir Houmou
@laurieherault Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don't by Jim Collins. This is a great read that helps you understand how to improve as a leader, while acknowledging that it's okay to make mistakes along the way.
Laurie Hérault
@anoirhoumou Thank you! Have you read other books about leadership in recent years? Any advice?
Swapnil D Puranik
I picked the following 12 (one/mo) out of 120+ unread books - these may not be new or trending, but transcend topicality in my view. 1. Antifragile - Nassim Nicolas Taleb 2. Open - Andre Agassi 3. Hard Thing About Hard Things - Ben Horowitz 4. Dark Horse - Todd Rose 5. Shoe Dog - Phil Knight 6. India that is Bharat - J Sai Deepak 7. India, Bharat and Pakistan - J Sai Deepak 8. Thinking Fast and Slow (re-read) - Daniel Kahneman 9. Algorithms To Live By - Brian Christian, Tom Griffiths 10. Essentialism - Greg McKeown 11. Meditations by Marcus Aurelius 12. Discipline is Destiny - Ryan Holiday
Laurie Hérault
@swapdp_01 I read Shoe Dog recently and it's a very good book! Thanks for this good list i will add some books on my 2023 reading list.
vados
Randomly selected from a seemingly ever-growing list I have: - Founding Sales - Peter Kazanjy - The First 100 Customers - Ben Lee - Founders at work - Jessica Livingston - Skin in the game - Nassim Taleb
Debajit Sarkar
These three books: 1. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values 2. When Breath Becomes Air 3. Finite and Infinite Games
KoreChain
Digital Securities 2023 Edition
Lydia Cohen
Jean Christophe by Romain Rolland first.
Cecilia Payne
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup - Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds - Chip War: The Fight for the World's Most Critical Technology - Influence Empire: The Story of Tencent and China's Tech Ambition
Cecilia Payne
@laurieherault yeah hope you like it. A bit long but worth the time. I think these good book for anyone interested in finding out how the semiconductor companies of the past were founded and built
Laurie Hérault
@coinbet_exchange I didn't know the last two and they seem very interesting to read. Thanks a lot!