What books did you read in 2022 ?

Sanat Mohanty
59 replies
Hey guys πŸ‘‹ Quick throwback - what books did you read this year ? I finished just 2 books 😐: πŸ‘‰ The Almanack of Naval Ravikant πŸ‘‰ Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind Currently reading: πŸ‘‰ My Gita by Devdutt Pattanaik πŸ‘‰ The Top Five Regrets of the Dying

Replies

Josh Fowler
Currently reading The Little Book of Psychology - a very easy read to wind down with and a nice break from the business stuff
Josh Fowler
@sanat_mohanty a crash course in the key insights of psychology, the history of the science and backgrounds on key contributors!
Sanat Mohanty
@joshfowler sounds interesting. What's it about
Anagha Nair
Hey Samar! I think our app can help you! Let me know if that works for you. https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Neel Nayani
Hey! Sanat Mohanty I think our app can help you with this! Let me know if that works for you. https://www.producthunt.com/post...
Shi Ling
Trevor Noah's Born a Crime is a delightful read. It's serious yet funny at the same time.
Sanat Mohanty
@taishiling what a coincidence, just started my morning with a video of Trevor Noah & Jay Shetty chatting.
Gleb Slonimskiy
Robert Sapolsky primate's memoir books of Oliver Sacks
Sanat Mohanty
@gleb_slonimskiy Wow ! That's a unique subject. Haven't read anything in this genre yet. Thanks for the reco.
Business Marketing with Nika
The big four – about Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google. Also, the good one was from the Czech author Dominik Stroukal (Economic Bubbles) explaining all economic bubbles since the Tulip mania.
Sanat Mohanty
@busmark_w_nika Economic bubble looks interesting, have to check it out .
Indu Thangamuthu
1. The Psychology of Money 2. Courage to be Disliked " The Top Five Regrets of the Dying" ... hearing it for the first time and Amazoned it. Appears a good read! Thanks for introducing me to this book 🌞
Indu Thangamuthu
@lead_balloon @sanat_mohanty I wish we had such books in schools and prepare the young world to be strong from young.
Sanat Mohanty
@indu_thangamuthu just started 'Courage to be Disliked'. Seems interesting so far.
Donovan Tesin
@indu_thangamuthu Courage to be Disliked is a great book!
Claudia Vaduvescu
Show your work!, by Austin Kleon. Changed how I view my work completely.
Sanat Mohanty
@claudiav This is gem of a find ! Being an introvert myself, I think it will be super useful. Thank you so much for sharing :)
Claudia Vaduvescu
@sanat_mohanty I hope you'll like it πŸ˜„ It's a very fast and pleasant read
Alberto Di Risio
Smuggler's Cove: Exotic Cocktails, Rum, and the Cult of Tiki
Sanat Mohanty
@albertodrs Now we know who to invite, when we throw a launch party πŸ˜‰.
Maribi Badioal
Possibly my geeky side may show here but I've devoured several Jane Austen books (Pride and Prejudice for the third time, Emma and Persuasion) and I want to finish the year with Les Miserables but I still have a good chunk of it to go.
Jake Weber
Some of my favorites this year were Ficciones by Borges and Hyperion by Dan Simmons. I just launched my project Reading This where you can make and maintain your current top five reading recs. You may dig it! https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Sanat Mohanty
@jake_weber 'Reading This' - the concept looks great. Deserves far more upvotes.
Jake Weber
@sanat_mohanty Thank you Sanat, appreciate that!
Johnathan Kimbrough
I read many fictional books can't remember all. The Djinn in the Nightingale's Eye, Invisible Man and many others
Rahul Asthana
Few that i read were: - Molecule of More - Dopamine Nation - Tiny Habit [ongoing] - Safe Haven Investing by Mark Spitznagel [ongoing] - Can't hurt me [always a pleasure listening to the audiobook]
Sanat Mohanty
@rahulasthana Kudos buddy.. 5 books a year, is really good ! Have read bits of Tiny Habits -- thinking of adding it to my 2023 read list.
Abid Unnisa
I finished one book: β€œdont lose your mind, lose your weight” by Rujuta diwekar Currently reading β€œlearning sql” Two absolutely different reads
Sanat Mohanty
@abid_unnisa what a coincidence. Recently bought the first one for mom. :)
Anfas Ashrf
1. story of my life 2. Rich dad Poor dad
Gleb Slonimskiy
I forgot! Books of Khaled Hosseini. Kite Runner and others
Sanat Mohanty
@gleb_slonimskiy Have heard so much. Strange enough, I haven't read it yet ! Perhaps, a good time to pick it up
EJGY
$100M OFFER by Alex Hormozi. - Sales - Crafting an Offer (Guarantees and Fulfillment) - Setting biz priorities
Billy Chamos
Think Big, Leaders Eat Last and went through Personal MBA again.
Jareer Samad
Top reads: Deep Purpose - Ranjay Gulati You're invited - Jon Levy Currently reading : How to fail at everything but still win big - Scott Adams
Sanat Mohanty
@jareer_samad How to fail at everything looks interesting
Agrima Sharma
I just read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up this year.. Now I think about it, I should make a plan to read more books in the coming year!
Sanat Mohanty
@agrima_sharma ditto ! Thinking the same. Planning for 2 books in first 3 months. Step at a time