What book completely changed your outlook on entrepreneurship?

Eden
12 replies
For me it was a book called The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco. It taught me that there’s a better way to life than just working a 9-5 until you’re too old to really enjoy your retirement.

Replies

Priyank Chodisetti
The Lean Startup by Eric Ries changed my outlook - https://theleanstartup.com/ And also constant reading of hacker news - of course, instead of blindly taking some random person's opinion, we should debate, argue and develop our own POVs.
Solomon Bush
I liked Zero to One by Peter Thiel
Eden
@solomon_bush Ooh this isn’t on my list yet, thanks for sharing! Reminds me of a book I read called Zero to Sold by Arvid Kahl
Priyank Chodisetti
@solomon_bush There is a great line quite early in the book, something like: "If you have to do more work to highlight the work than work itself, immediately quit the job" - it's a very deep and wise quote.
Solomon Bush
@priyankc Yeah that's so true! - that book is so short but jammed full of such great insight from a guy that founded/invested in the biggest companies today.
I think it was the Mom Test by Rob Fitz - totally new approach to getting to know customer needs
Solomon Bush
Oh - another one, not specifically on entrepreneurship, but rather product management, is the Pheonix Project. It's all about agile development, and manufacturing, but it completely changed the way I think about building teams!
Nihal Kothiyal
The Almanack of Naval Ravikant it's not specifically about entrepreneurship but it does changed my perspective.