What are your top 3 tips for launching on PH?

Corey Hearne
6 replies
Hey PH'ers, I've recently acquired a new SaaS product and am interested in launching it on PH to get user feedback. This is all new to me, so if you have launched or seen launches here, what are the top 3 things makers should focus on when launching?

Replies

Alex Robinson
For me it's, 1. Make sure your product is ready for launch. This means ensuring that it is polished and has all the necessary features for a successful launch. 2. Create a strong and compelling product page. This is your one chance to make a great first impression, so make sure your page is well-designed and includes all the information potential users need to know about your product. 3. Reach out to your network. Ask friends, family, and other contacts to upvote your product on Product Hunt. The more upvotes you have, the more exposure your product will get.
Corey Hearne
@alex_vidon_ai Great points, Alex. I think leveraging a network of people to help with the launch is a great idea.
Luc Sanchez
We're only just now launching today (small plug: https://www.producthunt.com/post...) but one aspect of our network has been particularly helpful in these early stages. While it's important to get family and friends involved, our community of users have been impressively vocal about things they like (and dislike!) about the product, which we've leveraged considerably while building it. Thanks to this back and forth relationship we've developed, the majority of comments and upvotes so far has been from users! They have enough of a vested interest in the product that it's worth taking time out of their day to be involved in the launch process, even without any incentives from our end (discounts, premium features, etc. Every aspect of the app is still completely free).
Launching soon!
There are so many things to do. But the top ones are: 1. Your product must be a helpful addition to the people 2. Build a strong community before launch and make people aware of your launch before the launch day 3. Read the guides for the launch on Product Hunt available