What are your biggest questions as a Founder of a new business?

Emil Dalgård
4 replies
Hi there 👋 Lot's of things are unclear when starting a business. Prior to starting our current company I was considering building a newsletter style business that answered common founder questions and produced "How to Guides". I'm curious to hear what your biggest questions are as a founder of a new business? Maybe I can even answer a few of them. Thank you!

Replies

jadamedske
It seems to me that the hardest part of opening a business is settling all the legal issues. A friend of mine has been making money from trading for a long time. Moreover, he owns MLP securities https://www.suredividend.com/mlp... , which bring him a steady income every year. He has been dreaming of opening a basketball school since he was a kid, free to all comers. He is from a poor family and, as a child, did not have the opportunity to go-to section. Now he has the money to open one and expects the state to encourage his activities.
Emil Dalgård
@jadamedske Hey there - thanks a lot for the question. I'd really encourage you not to let the legal challenges hold you off from starting a business. Again, most businesses will be relatively simple to set up. There are even services like www.stripe.com/atlas which help you set it up for as little as $500 if you are in the US. Also, most of this you will learn over time.
janellaphett
Is it worth opening a business during a pandemic?
Emil Dalgård
@janellaphett There are many businesses that would be fantastic to start during a pandemic e.g. Zoom, delivery services, etc. There are also some where the timing would be less great. E.g. cruises, or hotels