What are your biggest questions about growing a SaaS product?

Sharath Kuruganty
36 replies
Drop them here and let the experts in the community answer your Qs!

Replies

Felix Scholz
How to balance time building & growing it as a solo founder?
Sharath Kuruganty
@fscholz As a founder, I gotta say, it's hard. But it's doable with proper systems in place. My suggestion: Split the week into two parts where you can focus on growth activities and building the product. Also, do things that don't scale when it comes to growth like - hosting a Twitter spaces, sponsoring a NL, contributing content for a publication, write Twitter threads, run campaigns that involve your customers These may not give you direct ROI but the growth effect will compound over time.
Matthew Browne
@fscholz Get yourself one of these https://timechi.com/ and timebox everything.
Felix Scholz
@5harath Thanks for sharing your ideas, Sharath! Yeah, I've heard some people do 1 week sprints. One week building, one week marketing,... I've found building in public is very helpful in making sure that I talk at least a little bit about my product. I like your suggestions, I'll use some of them 👍
Felix Scholz
@matthew_browne1 Yeah timeboxing is probably the way to go. Doing 20 mins of it every day is better than doing nothing. And it will compound over time
Sally
What underrated activities drive growth in SaaS?
Rishabh Sharma
@sallysbrain new employee onboarding if done bad they wont connect with product and eventually take time to feel connected or may leave due to frustration. just my experience , tell me what you think?
Sharath Kuruganty
@sallysbrain Doing mostly manual stuff works. For example, I DMed people I know who are long-time supporters individually introducing my SaaS product Shoutout when I launched on Product Hunt. Also, host a Twitter space or a clubhouse works as well.
Sally
@rishabh_sharma8 I very much agree. The further you are from your user, the harder it is to remember the mission and vision. After a while some tasks seems like an annoyance rather than helping move the machin forward. SaaS creates a giant gap between the user and the team.
Sally
@5harath, that's awsome. Did you reach out to them via twitter? Was your ask for them to check it out or did you take anothoer approach?
Ricky | SaaSwrites 📈
Testing the right platforms for distribution.
Marcus Carswell
how to target the right audience?
Sharath Kuruganty
@marcus_carswell I guess there is no text book way to find the right audience. But here's my tip: Focusing on creating content consistently will for sure help you find your niche.
Csaba Kissi
There are many. What are the best channels for distribution? Where to find your audience? How to balance between product and marketing (from a solo founder perspective)?
Sharath Kuruganty
@csaba_kissi 1. Twitter by far is the best one. I hear LI is for B2B products. 2. I think the most important is what are you doing to find an audience more than where. 3. My simple answer is to start building in public. You don't have to do marketing in a way.
Karthik Kamalakannan
Below 10K MRR. How to balance between acquiring new customers and upselling to the existing ones?
Erbil Yaman
Great topic @5harath ! Can you successfully outsource your B2B lead-gen? Has anyone been successful in working with vendors that found and qualified B2B leads for them - that was actually good?
Ethan Keshishian
What's the best way to grow a userbase pre-revenure?
Rishi Krishna
How to scale efficiently?
Areeb Pasha
How to price saas products, when there is not much data.
Sonia Belokur
How to promote my product rightly? What channels to use?
Smith Lavvy
One thing that I want to fix is to increase net promoter score. I think it's important to a SaaS product like Vance AI (https://vanceai.com/), which is at the very beginning of market growth.
Diane Parker
Gain better scores in every assignment and exam with Test Bank For Voices Of Wisdom A Multicultural Philosophy Reader 8th Edition . Be on the top of your class.
Nithur
How to market the product as a bootstrap business completely starting from $0?
Laurensius Faleddo
@nithur I started from canvasing directly to my customer, then when I have enough capital I begin promoting in social media and ads.
clickpost
How to get SaaS customers?
Ashley Cheng
How to make decisions on new features, improvements and pricing?