What are top challenges faced by community managers on Discord?

Ankur Singh
10 replies
Top challenges according to ChatGPT 1) Moderating user behavior: Community managers must ensure that members behave appropriately and follow community guidelines. This can be challenging, particularly in larger communities where it is difficult to monitor every conversation. 2) Managing trolls and toxic behavior: Trolls and toxic members can be disruptive to a community, and it is important for community managers to quickly address and eliminate this behavior. 3) Maintaining engagement: Keeping members engaged and interested in the community is a challenge for any community manager. They need to find ways to keep the conversation going and create new discussions that are relevant and interesting to members. 4) Dealing with spam: Spam can be a major issue in communities, and community managers must find ways to minimize it while still allowing members to share their content. 5)Balancing freedom of speech with community guidelines: Discord is known for being a platform that encourages freedom of speech, but community managers must still enforce their own guidelines to maintain a positive and safe environment. 6)Keeping up with new features and updates: Discord is constantly releasing new features and updates, and community managers must stay up-to-date to ensure they are using the platform to its full potential. 7)Responding to member feedback: Listening to member feedback and responding to their needs is important to build a strong and loyal community. 8) Managing multiple communities: Many community managers manage multiple communities at once, which can be challenging as each community has its own unique needs. 9) Ensuring inclusivity and diversity: Creating a community that is inclusive and diverse is important, and community managers must work to ensure that all members feel welcome. 10)Growing the community: Growing the community and attracting new members is a challenge for any community manager. They must find ways to reach new audiences and promote the community effectively. What do you think?

Replies

Simon Olson
Keeping engagement high while not compromising on quality πŸ˜€
Anil Matcha
Engagement
Jakub Zakrzewski
for 4) Dyno bot was very helpful! Do you have any recommendations for auto-moderating the Discord server?
Yuliia Mamonov πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦
Might be a little off-topic but I wanted to ask: how did you start a Discord community? How do you help it grow? I'm looking into this, so I'm really curious about how this worked for others and where I should start. Thanks in advance :)
Vladimir Rigenco
I wish I could save this post or triple-upvote it! Everything that has been mentioned here is true, and that is exactly what I am looking to solve with our platform for gamers. The problem and issue of discord community server management are bigger than it looks. Many unresolved issues are not being handled properly, or there is a lack of tools for community server moderation. Toxic behavior by gamers is inevitable and unfortunately, there are no solutions for it currently to eliminate that negative experience in a community.
Yepyep nonor
It takes patience to meet many people who disagree with us.
Lother Blunk
The main challenge is assigning discord roles automation for paid and free users. That's my opinion.
Cory Hester
Community managers on Discord face a variety of challenges ranging from maintaining a welcoming environment to addressing technical issues. Each challenge requires a unique set of skills and strategies to effectively manage Discord communities and ensure their long-term success.
Desiree Carroll
Community managers on Discord often deal with users who engage in trolling, harassment, or bullying. These disruptive behaviors can create a hostile environment within a community.