What are the best tools to launch a startup with $0?

Xavier Coiffard
17 replies
I recently gathered all the tools I used to build and launch my projects. It's crazy how much you can do with free tools and how easy it is to create your MVP. For instance, the first version of my job board was made in a couple of days with Airtable + Zapier + Table2Site + MailerLite. What are your go-to when starting a new startup? If anyone is curious, I can share my complete list, which I recently published on my blog.

Replies

Iván Fanego
The free version of Convertkit is quite decent I think (I am on a paid plan, but love the tool) Regarding webs... I normally still use WP, there are good templates (not free, but almost) you can use to create a directory or something relatively advanced.
Xavier Coiffard
@ivan_fanego I haven't tried Converkit yet, how is it different from MailerLite or Beehiiv for instance?
Iván Fanego
@angezanetti I did not know Beehiv, after a quick look, I would say convertkit is more oriented to build automations and things like that. Regarding Mailerlite... I knew it, but never tried :( I think they could work similarly
Marie Martens
Figma (design), Notion (notes & docs) and Tally.so for forms ;-)
David Leuliette
gumroad to collect payments and do some basic email marketing. for example with https://figmatostore.com/ It's the first thing I added. People paid even if the product is not 100% polished 🤯
Clément Salaün
Definitely Lago for anything pricing and billing
Ankit Sharma
I built my community by giving information on free tools 😍
Abhishek S Chauhan
Free Tools every web developer could leverage: ➡️ Notion - Manage projects ➡️ Mailchimp - Collect and send emails ➡️ Netlify - Hosting for static sites ➡️ Figma - Web design ➡️ Integromat - Task automation ➡️ Tally - Build simple forms ➡️ QuillBot - AI-paraphrasing tool
Goutham
I use Unicorn Platform to build landing pages, Netlify to host the frontend, AWS free tier for backend & services, famewall.io for adding social proof 😉🙌
Elizabeth Boyarko
We build ShowMePlace (http://showmeplace.tilda.ws/) using Figma for design, Trello for task management, Tilda to make a landing page, MailChimp for newsletters.
Guillaume Dumortier
1/ SEO Minion chrome extension for daily SEO tasks and insight research. The "People Also Ask" graph is killer to instantly get an idea of what content to create and how to organize it. 2/ SparkToro for building advanced marketing personae with deep audience insights. It's amazing.