What are some tricks you have for someone who is struggling to create a daily schedule?

Ezgi Yeğinaltay
16 replies
Asking for a friend 😅

Replies

Guilin Yang
In the past, I also liked various time planning tables, and I also used some tools, such as things, to do, etc., but when there are more and more tasks piled up, I will run into trouble. . Therefore, I basically plan several tasks on a weekly basis, and then assign them to the day to ensure that the one-way tasks are completed as the first priority sequence.
Maciej Zatorski
I definitely recommend using the Eisenhower Matrix. It's a super simple tool that I use daily to choose which tasks to prioritize and to keep trach of everything that I need to get done. It helped me a lot both when it comes to organization and clearing my head. When things are written down they stop weighing on your head and won't overwhelm you as much.
I create my schedule by following Ivy Lee Method. Basically you plan up to 6 tasks per your work day, organise them by urgency and stick strictly to schedule. 😊
Max Yamp
Doesn't matter how many tools or methods you use, an effective daily schedule takes practice and experimentation. You have to be patient with yourself as you find the routine that works best for you. All the best Ezgi 🙌
Don't worry, we've all been there 😂 Start by making a to-do list the night before and schedule breaks for snacks and goofing off. And if all else fails, remember that the couch is always there to catch you🛋️
John Carmichael
Bite size chunks of work! It is easy to get lost when the jobs are too big. When your work chunks are small, you get that satisfying feeling when you can strike that item off the list multiple times a day...
Garland Coulson (Captain Time)
I use time blocking such as Marketing, Product Development, Client Projects, Admin, etc. Once time blocks are set, I work on the highest priority task in each time block, then move to the second task and so on until the time block is done. Then I move to the highest priority task in the next time block. This ensures all my key areas get sufficient focus and the highest priority tasks get done. Here is a video I put together on how to do Time Blocking using Google Calendar - https://captaintime.com/google-c...
Luke Emery
Personally, I don't use a daily schedule. Generally I just wing it and I get a lot of work done, 1hr30 of exercise, my dog walked twice. some days I don't have time for other things, sometimes I go out to restaurants, cinema etc. I just focus on making sure I'm doing things I enjoy/feel like I'm growing