What are some top use-cases of AI in education ?

Anil Matcha
10 replies

Replies

Shireen Jaffer
There’s a lot of fear in education right now that AI will make it easy for kids to cheat and disempower learning, which I think is silly given edu already fails terribly at enabling critical thinking. Whereas tools like ChatGPT, if taught how to leverage effectively, can actually help in scaling affective education. Have been excited about how Khan Academy is incorporating AI to teach Socratic method and other critical thinking tools across millions of kids and for hundreds of subjects. A lot of potential in helping kids (and adults) learn how to learn anything with the help of LLMs.
Nuno Reis
I think tutoring will be pretty big when it comes to education. Not everyone has the same level of access and being able to help kids everywhere with no distinction will be major.
AI can help us learn more in less time, giving us more Netflix time! It can automatically grade exams, saving profs the agony of deciphering handwriting. Plus, no more clowning around in class; AI can detect facial expressions to catch kids' understanding level in real-time!
Hazel Lim
Funny you asked! I've been tinkering with ChatGPT + Midjourney to create a Mandarin version of the Keyword Reading Scheme for my little boy to learn a second language. Here's a very bad v1 on canva for fun https://www.canva.com/design/DAF... To answer your question though: - Homeschooling: big and growing niche - Practical internships: Contextual, personalized teaching & learning - Teacher support: more tools, more content
niumo
My friend and I discussed a children's picture book platform product that fully utilizes the latest technologies such as ChatGPT and Midjourney. It can help many children unleash their imagination and use text and drawings to record their wildest dreams. Of course, we can also integrate voice services so that children can speak while they create. They can even share their work with their good friends. My friend really likes this idea. Do you know if there are any companies working on this? This mabe really useful for education.
Igor Lysenko
I think in hints, theorems or computational help and explanation. But let me remind you that this is a person and cannot become a full-fledged teacher.
Nimesha Buvanendran
I'm someone who enjoys self-learning. Growing up it was hard to access the relevant material and sources and most importantly summarise them. But I think AI would be great for summarising huge chapters of information.
Hashnimo
Neuralink will feed data from AI, traditional schools will become obsolete.
Carmella George
Course Creation AI for sure