What are some of the biggest challenges you face(d) when launching a product here on PH?

Marie Davtyan
6 replies

Replies

Ani Kazarian
Increasing brand awareness is quite challenging.
Marie Davtyan
@ani_kazarian1 Yes, that can be challenging. I think the key to that is starting to raise awareness much earlier than the launch month, and I would say LinkedIn is great for doing that. But not only via content but also by interacting with people in general. For example, make a habit of sending people a small note whenever you send them connect requests. DMing them and raising awareness about you and your product:)
Felix
To keep the traffic high after the launch. it usually really drops off once the launch day is over🤔 What worked for me was to keep engaging with other discussions and products! How about you Marie?
@felix_digistash You'd expect that, but has PH still been a decent source of traffic overall?
Marie Davtyan
@felix_digistash I agree, it's easy to think once the launch day is over, you can sit back and relax. But that's actually dangerous. I noticed as well that being involved in discussions and networking is a great way to raise awareness about the product.
Sun Ah Min
Growing a community, being on Product Hunt's newsletter as the "Product of the Day", and making people understand what makes our product inherently novel. It's difficult yet perseverance is what counts.