What are some creative ways you've been able to engage your community?

Jake Cohen
17 replies
We have a community consisting of freelance marketing experts and we're always trying to think of unique ways to keep them engaged. What are some interesting ways you've been able to engage your community?

Replies

Fares
By sharing content, but not one-way. you have to really interact with the community. know how to take as well as give
Jake Cohen
@fares_aktouf Content seems to be key across all communities, how big is your content team? How much content are you putting out a week?
Ryan Gilbert
Small scale but offered stickers to my newsletter audience and received 200+ replies and ~300 likes: https://twitter.com/workspacesxy... I still don't understand 😅
Jake Cohen
@ryangilbert haha amazing. Do not underestimate the value of a free sticker!
Luka Vasic
@ryangilbert This is awesome man, everybody loves stickers
@ryangilbert why are stickers such a draw 😀
Denis Pimenov
Let me share my reverse experience. I wanted to get into a startup. I began to look closely at him and discovered an unoccupied area in the project. I took it. They paid attention to me and took me to a startup))
Luis Hernandez Peña
Behaving like a friend (and being one). A community is after all a group of people who share at least one interest. But if you go beyond that and are able to establish genuine personal relationships, caring about other issues that affect us all, and sometimes even individually, then you don't have a community, you have a family.
Katie Norbury
Challenge them to market the unmarketable
Siena Romes
I read this article (https://rumbletalk.com/blog/inde...) from the chat platform that I was using. Tried to get some feedback with polls, and boom. Engagement went through the roof. Turns out, I was doing it the wrong way. The community loved to be anonymous through polls.
Iveta
By offering them something valuable such as useful resources or providing useful tips and tricks to make their lives easier. Competitions, infographics or cheat sheets work really well too.
Jake Cohen
@ivet149 I was always worried about using incentives like cash or prizes as it would lead to an inauthentic audience. Do you see this as an issue at all?
Iveta
@jake_cohen4 Basically yes, it really depends on the context of your competition and the requirements. I love creating giveaways to build stronger relationships with our customers/followers. Where we randomly select users from the comment section where they simply share feedback about our product etc. Nothing complicated, it's all about spreading love. But launching a competition where you ask for random people to follow your account is quite pointless as they'll forget about your brand after few days and eventually unfollow you soon too.
Maya Ben Zid
We host events where we talk, have fun, answer questions, and connect. Also, I try to connect with every visitor who comes to the virtual office tour space to keep expanding the community of users and brand followers.
Jake Cohen
@maya_ovice Oh I love that, I definitely need to do more events.
Maya Ben Zid
We host events where we talk, have fun, answer questions, and connect. Also, I try to connect with every visitor who comes to the virtual office tour space to keep expanding the community of users and brand followers.