What are good ice-breakers in conversation? 🧊 Give me a tip! πŸ˜€

Replies

Phu Ngo
Go in with a mindset of truly wanting to learn what makes this person ticks, what are their dreams, goals, and worries. Ask anything and saying anything you can come up with, just focus on learning about the other person and not on yourself. For example, smile and ask "what bring you hear?" then follow-up with a jokingly "why?" that could imply existential why.
Tapan Patel
Ask them why are they there. For example you are visiting GITEX 23, you can ask them "Hi there, what brings you to GITEX, do you visit often?"
Abdu Agial
Good ice-breakers include open-ended questions, compliments, common interests, current events, food/drinks, funny stories, travel experiences, entertainment preferences, personal goals, and observations. Be genuine and attentive to the other person to build a connection.
Stephanie Menjivar
It usually depends on the setting and conversation but some ice breakers I've tried out are "what's a fun fact about you," and "how did you get started in ____." It's always great to ask open ended questions that can get the other person talking.
Abi P
A good compliment to open a conversations breaks ice like nothing else haha. Let me know if it works for you?
Sophia Solanki
Hey how's the weather in your part of the world. I'm freezing cold / super hot out there. - works quite well. not too personal but personal enough
sheik born
Go in with a mindset of truly wanting to learn what makes this person ticks,
Bogomil Stoev
Ask any open ended question and then pick the clues from next person's answer and ask questions related to that to keep conversation going.
Jawad Tijani
Show interest in the people you interact with :)
AmazingSylvia
I usually say something nice about their makeups lol
Saif Ullah Khalid
Start some controversial conversation.
Numan Rasheed
Hey there! What's something that always brings a smile to your face, no matter how tough your day has been? 😊
"How are you doing?" *makes a Joey face
Maria Anosova πŸ”₯
A cozy atmosphere will help melt the ice) distracting questions (for ex. about travel experiences)
William Fair
Nothing but a good praise to start a conversation breaks the ice, hehe. Tell me if it's successful for you.
Business Marketing with Nika
@william_fair I usually ask people common questions: Where are they from, what is their personal story etc. :-)
Alexander Galitsky
Β«I know what you did last summer” works really well. It melts the ice instantly
Matteo Mirabelli
A fun ice-breaker I've recently come across is: "If you could have a chat with any AI assistant for an entire day, which one would you choose and why?"
Matteo Mirabelli
@busmark_w_nika And the more developments there are in the sector, and the more Knowlee can inherit and improve!
I think expressing your genuine interest in a person you re talking to helps: ask follow- up questions, for instance, and I would say never try too hard to the point it seems fake and unnatural:)