We've made Kombai to the #1 Product Of The Month. AMA about the launch.

SOURABH UPRETI
39 replies
Checkout Kombai, if you haven't already: https://www.producthunt.com/time...

Replies

Valeria Shekhurdina
Wow, that's really cool! Can you share some information on mutual product support? Did you use telegram channels, twitter, linkedin or any other channels?
SOURABH UPRETI
Hi @lera_shekh, Yes, we got huge support from our connections (Especially PMs, Founders & PMMs) on LinkedIn. We reached out 1-1 to all of them. For communities, I would recommend you to connect with @rohanrecommends. He runs an incredible community of Product Hunters. In his community, You can ask for support & support other fellow makers on their launch.
Hey Sourabh, congrats again! That's big news. A few questions: 1) Did you do anything specific to become the #1 product of the week/month? If yes, what are they? 2) Can you share your outcomes of the launch (traffic, prospects, customers, revenue, etc)? 3) Share any underrated pointers that you think could help others with their launches.
SOURABH UPRETI
@senthil99nathan Thank you. 1. Not particularly. We had plans to actively cross-promote our launch on platforms including Dev.to, Indiehackers & other SaaS communities but after witnessing the launch day's success we decided to remain passive. Though we kept monitoring our competitors. 2. We got ~5K sign-ups since the launch. we don't know exactly how many of them came through Product Hunt (because we haven't set up granular analytics yet), but I suspect a significant portion came via PH. 3. Create a large list of PH community members (Previous makers + Launching soon makers + People active in discussions) and connect them on LinkedIn. All these are awesome folks and are ready to help you during the launch. *Our team built such a list for more than 40 days* (Don't forget to support their launch as well) Manual outreach to these folks will help you top the rank in the first 4 hours.
Toni
@sourabh_upreti thanks a lot for those insights. Curious to know, how did you reach out on LinkedIn to hunters and makers in those 40 days? Did you share the scheduled/ notify me page asking for their help? did you ask for feedback or just made connections at first and then reached out to ask for their upvote ? Thanks πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»
Olena Bomko
Congratulations on your successful PH launch! Can you share with us some details, please: 1. How long have you been preparing for the launch? 2. How many Notify me did you have? 3. Where did you promote your launch? 4. What about the results? Did you acquire new customers? Thank you so much!
SOURABH UPRETI
Hi @olenabomko , 1 - We started preparing ~40 days before the launch day. 2 - We had ~130 'Notify Me' till the launch day. 3. We promoted our launch mainly on LinkedIn, personal professional circles, and mainly @rohanrecommends's Invincible Product Hunter community. 4. Yes, we've had ~5K sign-ups since the launch. we don't know exactly how many of them came through Product Hunt (because we haven't set up granular analytics yet), but I suspect a significant portion came via PH.
Vikram Aditya
@rohanrecommends Rohan, your WhatsApp chat link does not work anymore. Can you share a new link to join?
Rohan Chaubey
@olenabomko @sourabh_upreti Thank you Sourabh for the mention :)
Vikram Aditya
@rohanrecommends It is still throwing me the same error. Can you paste the link here?
Marc Seitz
Hi Sourabh, we are launching Papermark today. Any final tips? https://www.producthunt.com/post...
SOURABH UPRETI
Hi @mfts0 , Try to get as many high-quality Upvotes in the first 4 hours. Reach out to makers from past/future launches and ask for their support.
Frank Sondors
Congrats, Sourabh! What was your distribution strategy that led to these amazing results?
SOURABH UPRETI
Thanks, @franksondors, for your support during the launch. About the distribution- We focused on 2 Major things. A. High-quality upvotes & engagement during the first 4 hours (So that we could top the chart once the ranks would go live) B. Distribution among all our connections For A - 1. We built a list of Future/Past makers and asked them to support our launch during the first 4 hours. These folks are the most engaging people on PH so Getting as many of them helped us. (We used LinkedIn DMs to manually reach them) We didn't reach out to all of them in 1 go. Just 50-60 in each batch. We kept making the list for the last 40 days so we had a good number of folks to reach out to. (Don't DM to 100+ people in 1 batch otherwise, LinkedIn may consider this as an automated activity & potentially block your account for either 1 Hour/5 hour/ 24 hours) 2. @mukund_mohan did an awesome job in distributing our product launch across communities. (For community support, A Big shoutout to @rohanrecommends for building the Invincible Hunter community) 3. All our team members had warmed up their accounts and asked their professional connections to do the same. For B - We started promoting & sharing updates around our launch on LinkedIn & professional circles. We also reached out to our relevant LinkedIn connections (PMs, PMMs, Founders) and asked if they could support our launch. Thanks to all of them, we indeed got a lot of support from this network. The first 4 hours are crucial, and Try to get as many high-quality upvotes in the first 4 hours. Once you rank on top, PH organic upvotes will kick in.
I am glad I got to support you and your team early on! What was your conversion rate after the launch?
SOURABH UPRETI
Hi @andriyuh, Thanks for your support on the launch day. TBH, we didn't set up proper marketing funnels to measure KPIs. The entire focus was on getting as many people to use our product and get early feedback. we've had ~5K sign-ups since the launch. we don't know exactly how many of them came through Product Hunt (because we haven't set up granular analytics yet), but I suspect a significant portion came via PH.
Gloria G
Congrats again, Sourabh! You really did a great job!
Nick Anisimov
My big congrats to you! Great success! Tell us about your results after the launch! How did the launch affect your product?
SOURABH UPRETI
Hi, @nickanisimov Thanks. We launched Kombai as a 'Research Preview' on PH. The goal was to maximise the number of sign-ups during the launch & get early feedback. we've had ~5K sign-ups since the launch. we don't know exactly how many of them came through Product Hunt (because we haven't set up granular analytics yet), but I suspect a significant portion came via PH. Our team is continuously working with these users to gather feedback. We've already pushed another release after the feedback.
Prem Saini
Congratulations on making Kombai #1 Product of the Month on Product Hunt! πŸ† What strategies or tactics do you think contributed most to your successful launch?πŸš€
SOURABH UPRETI
Hi @prem_saini1 , Thank you so much. About the distribution tactics- We focused on 2 Major things. A. High-quality upvotes & engagement during the first 4 hours (So that we could top the chart once the ranks would go live) B. Distribution among all our connections For A - 1. We built a list of Future/Past makers and asked them to support our launch during the first 4 hours. These folks are the most engaging people on PH so Getting as many of them helped us. (We used LinkedIn DMs to manually reach them) We didn't reach out to all of them in 1 go. Just 50-60 in each batch. We kept making the list for the last 40 days so we had a good number of folks to reach out to. (Don't DM to 100+ people in 1 batch otherwise, LinkedIn may consider this as an automated activity & potentially block your account for either 1 Hour/5 hour/ 24 hours) 2. @mukund_mohan did an awesome job in distributing our product launch across communities. (For community support, A Big shoutout to @rohanrecommends for building the Invincible Hunter community) 3. All our team members had warmed up their accounts and asked their professional connections to do the same. For B - We started promoting & sharing updates around our launch on LinkedIn & professional circles. We also reached out to our relevant LinkedIn connections (PMs, PMMs, Founders) and asked if they could support our launch. Thanks to all of them, we indeed got a lot of support from this network. The first 4 hours are crucial, and Try to get as many high-quality upvotes in the first 4 hours. Once you rank on top, PH organic upvotes will kick in.
Shivangi Awasthi
Congratulations @sourabh_upreti You really did a great job! πŸš€ I am glad I got to support you and your team early on! :))
Jared
Hi Sourabh, congratulations once again! We are launching Singify today. Any final tips?
SOURABH UPRETI
@jareddun Thanks. I would suggest that you- 1. Leverage the network of makers from Product Hunt. Reach out to them on LinkedIn & ask for their support. These folks are very supportive. 2. Reach out to PMs, PMMs & SaaS Founders in your network and ask for a favour. 3. Keep your LinkedIn handles (and Twitter/ Reddit) updated and keep posting about the launch. 4. Try to get into WhatsApp communities Like Builders' Hub, and Invincible Product Hunters and ask for support. Makers use these communities to support each other's launches.
Simon Peter Damian
Congratualtions @sourabh_upreti !!! On what day and time did you launch? And why did you choose it?
SOURABH UPRETI
Hi @theterminalguy, Generally, Tues & Wed get the highest engagement on PH. So if you're targeting Product Of The Week/Month, These days are the ones you should focus on. Be mindful that competition is also the highest on these days and generally big launches happen on these days. For Time- try to get all 24 hours for your launch. (Publish on 12:01 AM PST). This also helps you get 2 daytime slots from countries like India. (12:01 AM PST -> 12:31 PM IST)
Vikram Aditya
When you do outreaches to people, is your pitch standard, or do you tweak the messaging in a way that you stand out? Because on a daily basis I get over 10 folks asking me to help and sometimes it's not possible to help everyone out!
SOURABH UPRETI
Hi @viks_rum , I started reaching out to Past and launching soon makers around 40 days before the launch. We sent them a connection request along with a candid text that we supported/willing to support their launch. That's it. These folks are highly active and they also want their product to be supported. We made a list of such people and 1 week before the launch, we asked them if they would be willing to support our launch & most of them agreed.