We shipped 3 products in 3 months and got $10K+ in revenue. 10 tips to ship faster ๐Ÿš€

Sveta Bay
53 replies
Here are 10 dead-simple rules to launching your products faster ๐ŸŽ All tips are used with our product - https://www.makerbox.club/ 1. You don't need a logo to launch. Just make a gradient box or a text logo in Figma. 2. Don't waste months in user research. Limit it to 20 interviews and one market research. 3. Don't pitch investors with an idea. Instead, build a prototype faster. 4. Don't pivot your product every week. Pick a hypothesis and stick to it. 5. Don't build features that will be used by less than 20% of users. 6. Commit the launch date on social media: Twitter, Linkedin, Indie Hackers, and Product Hunt. 7. Don't waste time outreaching media or influencers to promote your product. No one cares until you get some real traction. 8. Start selling early bird offers (without the product) to commit before the customers. 9. Stop doing endless meetings to "align" with your team. 10. Use no-code tools to build a landing page until you've validated your value proposition. The sooner customers will see your product the better ๐Ÿ˜Š Focus on delivering an outstanding MVP, not a spectacular footer. By the way, today we're live with our 3rd product - MakerBox Roasting ๐Ÿ’Ž We'd love to receive your feedback! https://www.producthunt.com/post...

Replies

Brian
Thanks for sharing these helpful tips! I have a few questions. What are some effective ideas on building an audience? Without an audience, there won't be interviews.
Brenna Donoghue
Love this, especially all the moments where you're committing to delivery publicly and to those who have signed up. Nothing forces imperfection like an agressive deadline.
Sveta Bay
@brenna_donoghue absolutely agree! Social commitment is the best motivation!
Dhruv Bhatia
Great tips here. I'd say build an audience too. Launching with an audience may even be more powerful :)
Gaurav Goyal
Awesome tips. key is to launch quickly. Somethings will work, some will not. So rather test fast with MVP :)
Alejandro Mascort Colomer
Hey! Nice tips! :) I have a question about it: What stage do you use to validate your idea with an audience? 1 - Before starting developing your product/service? 2 - Along the way you're developing it? 3 - During your mvp presentation (near from launching)?
Sveta Bay
@alejandro_mascort_colomer good question, Alejandro! We have a small validation during competitor analysis before starting to develop a product. If there're products on the market and people are ready to pay money for it, then it has a right to exist. The main validation comes from beta-testers / early-bird launch (Along the way you're developing the product)
Alejandro Mascort Colomer
@basv Interesting! So it could be summarized as: if there are products on the market: - you have an initial validation of it to proceed if itโ€™s a totally new product: - validation comes along the way being confirmed with your beta testers Thank you! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป
Debajit Sarkar
@basv Thanks for sharing Sveta. Will you please provide some insight about Point 2. How do you identify and contact users who you interview?
Sveta Bay
@dsarkar thanks, Debajit! For me, it's my Twitter audience & Polywork opportunities. My audience is the same for all my products, so I don't need to identify it every time
Edward G
Awesome points here! Especially #9 which would be great advice to every company :). What are your suggestions on where to pitch your ideas to get some of that customer traction?
Sveta Bay
@edward_g thanks, Edward! Product Hunt and Twitter work the best for me! Also some people say about AppSumo, but I haven't tried it due to high comission
Software Guy (Aarvy)
very useful tips, It's better to launch and hope for the best.
Chuan Tang
That is awesome. Congratulations on the product launches and your 3rd launch.
Vitali G
Great tips! Agree with all statements)
Suhas Bhat
You hit that right on the money.
David Tedaldi
Thanks for sharing, @basv! I am a big big fun of both 3. and 4.
Cezary Dobrowolski
It's so hard to get over the concept of a very polished MVP. Thinking that I could use just a gradient box as a logo or no-code page builder for a landing page is terrifying... ly on point. Don't waste your time on bullshit. Validate, then build, then scale.
Sveta Bay
@wekh and then after a year release a startup that has no product market fit ๐Ÿ˜… This is the main reason why 90% of startups fail
Trisha Guru
Wow, Nice tips... I want to ask a question At which stage do you use to validate your idea with an audience?
Sveta Bay
@tigur16 thanks Trisha! Idea validation in market (competitor analysis) -> open early bird (with no product) -> idea validation with an audience (interviews with your target audience)
Raul Silverstone
Amazing tips @basv! Thanks for sharing!
Ash Rahman ๐ŸŽฎ
I can totally relate to #9, #10. Be cautious of team that requires endless meeting, may be they are not a fit for the startup.
Shaur ul Asar
Awesome tips. Thanks for sharing this much useful information
Uday Jumle
Hey Sveta, Can you please shed more light on validating the value proposition bit?