Was launching on PH worth it?

Slim Geransar
12 replies
For those who launched using PH was it worth it? Please share if you got the traffic/paid users you had hoped for.

Replies

I launched my product on Tuesday. I was in 16th place all day, but in the end I took 19th. This also needs to take into account the fact that my product, due to some technical problem with this platform, did not show the first two hours in the product list. And as for me, the first 4 hours are the most important, losing half of it is very unpleasant. I've been preparing for this launch for two months. And such a strange mistake (not mine) led to failure (mine) What about the traffic I received. On the day of launch, 170 visitors to the site, the next day - 150. That is, very weak traffic if you occupy the top 20 Before this, I also launched a product. That time I took 33rd place and received 88 posts on the site. But there I got such a result, because I didn’t prepare for the launch at all In both cases I didn't get the client. Perhaps if you have a different price range, your results will be completely different. My product provides design services that cost several thousand dollars. Perhaps if it was some kind of subscription for 10-20 bucks, then I would get clients. But there would still be very few of them. IMHO. top 20 and top 30 are useless. I think the top 5 get the best traffic. The rest are nothing. To get into the top 5, you definitely need other sources of traffic on Product Hunt on the day of release. You need a really significant audience that will support you, be it your clients, followers of various social networks, etc. I hope this will be useful to you
James Will
Yes, launching on Product Hunt can be worth it for increased visibility, user feedback, and potential partnerships.
@james_will1 but do you have any past experience and stats you can share? Would be nice to see numbers.
Alina Salavatova
I will be happy to read the responses, as we are also preparing for a launch.
ISTIAK AHMAD
would love to hear experiences, following ( :
Eden
What's there to lose?
@entreeden the amount of time to build a community prep and launch. Imagine spending 1h a day x 2 months. That’s 60H building community. Then another say 5-10 hours getting the product collateral and page ready. Another 10-15H on launch day reaching out to everyone. What if you did all of this say 80-100H to get 20-100 people visiting your site and 1-2 signups.. 100% I’m giving it a fair shot but curious about what others have experienced. No one has really shared numbers that I’ve seen.
Eden
@slimmy82 Ah, that makes sense. For us we decided to end up investing time in a launch because our product has two hot seasons (prime one being end of year) and we figured we could find value in creating a hype/community in early December so why not also do a PH launch to coincide with the hot season? If it was just the middle of the year and we weren't doing this work already I wouldn't say it was worth it, especially since our main ICP isn't on product hunt anyway
Rihab Zaidi
@entreeden @slimmy82 agree with Slim and am curious to hear other opinions - one thing I will add here is that assessing the value of launching on PH depends on your goals, like what are you expecting or wanting to see; Getting first customers, getting on waitlist subscribers, signups, traffic to the website etc, and based on those goals you can adjust your expectations and efforts put in the launch.