Videos or Podcasts?

AmazingSylvia
60 replies
Looks like people are getting impatient. what kind of content do you like?

Replies

Yash Dudhagara
Videos, because who needs a podcast when you can watch cat videos on an endless loop? 📺🐱😄
Nick
I think I will go with videos, but that's not to say I don't like podcasts. Sometimes I just don't have the ability to watch a video but still want to absorb content, so podcasts work great. But then sometimes, I would much rather have a visual attribute to when I am learning or listening to something.
Hariz Maloy
I'm definitely a video guy but also host a horror podcast telling south east asian ghost stories. I see the benefit of both mediums. My personal issue with podcasts is that my eyes need to be distracted so I tend to do something else at the same time, but then I lose focus and forgot what was said in the podcast. But that's just a me issue.
AmazingSylvia
@hariz_maloy1 lol really? East asian ghost stories? lol
Hariz Maloy
@sylvia_sheng Haha yes! If you're ever interested here's our Spotify page https://open.spotify.com/show/0i... I host Ghost Maps the episodes that are around 15 minutes long.
Sergei Anosov
Videos - absolutely. But podcasts in the car on the way to work
George Burmistrov
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, when I need to do some tedious and rather monotonous job, I can have a rant video or a podcast in the background, just to let my mind flow so to say. But I like to watch videos while eating or just when I have some spare time.
Kyra Aylsworth
I almost always listen to video podcasts! Video off, until that moment when they show something on screen that I want to see 😅
Cedric Mathias
I think I will go with videos only. In podcasts it is very difficult to be engaged all time time compared to video where you visualize what is going on and understand in a more easier way compared to podcasts.
Ryker Emerson
At the time video will be best.
Amy
Both! Videos are better though if it's instructional (like a demo or walkthrough) so you have the visualisation in front of you.
Leon Novački
I started to dislike videos. The Youtube metagame of having to make a video at least 10 minutes long or reaching the 20 minute mark started to ruin it for me. A lot of the time a video is interesting but then you realise that some part of the video seems off, and then you realise that the creator needed something as a filler just to reach that mark. Podcasts are great, and I love listening to them in traffic.
Michael Moore
I find video content to be engaging and visually stimulating, making it a great choice for learning through demonstrations, tutorials, or when I want to see visual storytelling.
AmazingSylvia
I perfer videos personally.
Zoe Allen
Personally, I enjoy both videos and podcasts for different reasons. Videos are great for visual content and tutorials, while podcasts are my go-to for informative and entertaining discussions. The format really depends on the content and my mood!