Username changes on Product Hunt.

Adrian Cole
86 replies
Hey all, Real quick question. Is it possible to update your user name on PH? Mine is kinda weird and I want it consistent with my other usernames across all my social network profiles. Any help will be appreciated.

Replies

Prashant Mahajan
Hi @adityavsc , I had a duplicate account with my teenage email id, which I deactivated. so my user name which is prashant_mahajan is available. Can I have that. So basically user name associated with deactivated account was prashant_mahajan, which is now free user name associated with this account is prashant_mahajan1, which I would like to change to prashant_mahajan. Also, yes tried using intercom on bottom right, but it is not loading, blank. Can't attach screenshot here.
Prashant Mahajan
@adityavsc Wow that was quick. Thanks Aditya.
Prashant Mahajan
@adityavsc is there a way to merge two accounts without loosing points and data?
Prashant Mahajan
@adityavsc Noice. And I figured out the intercom issue, my ad blocker (Ghostery) was blocking it, just in case if anyone is facing this issue in future, please disable ad blocker on PH.
Aditya
@prashant_mahajan yep absolutely! Received your email. Just responding to that :)
Aditya
Hey Adrian! Yes, ofcourse :) What alternate username would you suggest? Please reach out to us on Intercom. We will be glad to help :)
Adrian Cole
@adityavsc Thanks for the response. Hmmm can't seem to find your comm widget. Please help 🙏
Aditya
@adrian_cole2 the intercom button is on the bottom right corner of the webpage. You can tell me the alternate username you'd prefer and I can check for you. PS: https://www.producthunt.com/@the... this username is already taken on PH.
Adrian Cole
@theothercole @adityavsc Nooooooo. Dang it. Ok thanks. I'll like to change to adriancole then if available
Adrian Cole
@theothercole @adrian_cole2 @adityavsc 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 Thank you 👏🏾👏🏾
J. O. Adenusi (1stchaircoder)
@adityavsc Hello. I would also like a username change to @code-flaneur. Keeps it consistent across all socials. Much appreciated should you see this.
Miriam Dorsett
lol @adrian_cole2 you are so funny. Grab those domains breh. #forreal for real. #consistencyiskey
Adrian Cole
@mdorsett you already know. Gotta keep no one guessing. 🤜🏾🤛🏽
Shreyansh Lodha
Hey @adityavsc can my username be changed to ShreyanshLodha ?
Muhammad Rusdi
Hay @adityavsc, can my username be changed to muhrusdi?
Darius Drevinskas
Hey @adityavsc, could you also update mine to darius_d please? 🙏
Darius Drevinskas
@adityavsc perfect, much appreciated bro! 🙌
David Z
Hey @adityavsc, could you also update mine to @davidzee? Please and thanks!
Aditya
@davidzee say no more! It's done 🪄
Pawan Deshpande
Hi @adityavsc, can you please change my username to @idlivada? I changed my Twitter Handle a while back and I don't see a way in the interface to update my PH profile to reflect the new handle and username.
Aditya
@idlivada as a fellow Idli-Vada lover, it's my duty to update the username. Twitter handle and PH username, both have been updated now 😉
Pawan Deshpande
@adityavsc Thanks a lot! BTW, I would love to hear your take on this polarizing topic: https://indianexpress.com/articl...
Aditya
@idlivada hahahaha I'd call that 'blasphemous' 😡
Rohit Das
Hi @adityavsc Can you please change my username to therohitdas ? It will help my username stay consistent across all the socials.
Rohit Das
@adityavsc Thanks a lot Aditya 🙏
Aditya
@therohitdas And it's done! Hope you are enjoying checking out different products on PH :)
Adam en
Hi @adityavsc, can you please change my username to @aren_ram? Thanks.
Aditya
@aren_ram The username is already updated. Am I missing something?
Grand
Can I please change my username to Grand. ? or if that doesn't have to GrandwasTaken.
Aditya
Grand was taken 🥲 but @grandwastaken wasn't 😉 The username is updated now 👏
Vladimir Levitin
Hi @adityavsc, I had an account https://www.producthunt.com/@vla... sometime ago but have no idea what was the email to delete it. Could you tell me or just delete it by yourself? After that I would appreciate if you could change my username to @vladimir_levitin? Thanks.
Aditya
@vladimir_levitin It's done! I merged both the accounts and updated your username. Have a nice day ahead 🌞
Vladimir Levitin
@adityavsc one more issue. Could you change my twitter to @levitinvladimir ? thx
Aditya
@vladimir_levitin I see that your account is not connected to Twitter. Feel free to connect to the correct Twitter account through profile settings: https://www.producthunt.com/my/s... :)
Vladimir Levitin
@adityavsc thx! I couldn't find this by myself. Shame on me:)
elvis kahoro
@adityavsc Signing up with google automatically creates a username. I suggest a change to this workflow so users can specify what they want. Can I change mine to: @elviskahoro
Aditya
Hey Elvis, the username has been updated to @elviskahoro now, and I will be sure to share the feedback with the team to improve user experience :)
Hieu Dinh
Hi @adityavsc , could you help to change my username to @hieudinh Thanks
Vahid Namvari
Is it possible to change my username to @namvari, @adityavsc ? Thank you.
Gil Greenberg
hi @Aditya. Any chance you could change my username to @gilg ?
Sri Harsha Gajavalli
@adityavsc Can you help me merge multiple accounts of mine with usernames @sri_harsha_gajavalli1 and @sri_harsha_gajavalli to one and can the final username be @sriharshagajavalli ?
Aditya
For sure! I've merged the accounts and now you have only one account: @sriharshagajavalli :) Have a nice day ahead!
Gaurav Trehan
Hi @adityavsc Can you please change my username to gauravtrehann ? It will help my username stay consistent across all the socials.