Tips to build an engaged community?

Huy Doan
9 replies

Replies

Gavin Hammar
Keep your community super small at first so that your members get comfortable with each other. Then, use video to engage them. Video is far more engaging than text and builds trust faster than any other media.
Huy Doan
@gavin_hammar Yes, I totally agree that video content is always more engaging for users and they also get the product idea much quickly rather than reading full text.
Ivo Scherkamp
Start with a few selected people instead of a big group of uncommitted/unengaged people
Rich Watson
give incentive for engagement
Huy Doan
@richw yeah, I think it is a good way as many crypto or NFT companies are using numbers of game events to spread out their brands.
Nadir Arda Oral
Being constantly involved in the conversations of a certain number of active people and being friendly over time, being tolerant without getting caught up in small details, and helping each other when necessary make you trust each other more. And if your sense of humor is similar, it would be much better 😁
Huy Doan
@arda_finsmart haha yes, sense of humor is also really important. I figured out in some strong community I engaged, sometimes it's always about talking about some trending news, sharing a nice tip and more
Nadir Arda Oral
@huy_doan_quang It is very important that your level of culture and the interests you speak of are similar. If one of you is talking about coding and the other is talking about politics, there can't be much intimacy.
Huy Doan
@arda_finsmart yes, I think when they decide to join the community and engage with others, you must at least have some similar interests like: startup, crypto, ... and it will cost a bit of time to gain more authority in the community but also will last very long time after that.