Tips for time management

LisaKim
25 replies
I work remotely for 2 companies and I work for myself. My days are either all work or no work and I hope to balance things out.. Please share any time management tips you have for a 24 hour day!

Replies

Raymond Ahn
try the Pomodoro technique The Pomodoro Technique is a time management method that was developed by Francesco Cirillo in the late 1980s. It's designed to improve productivity and focus. Here's how it works: 1. Choose a task you want to work on. 2. Set a timer for 25 minutes, which is called a "Pomodoro." 3. Work on the task with complete focus until the timer rings. 4. After the 25 minutes, take a short 5-minute break to relax, stretch, or do something unrelated to work. 5. Repeat steps 1-4. After completing four Pomodoros, take a longer break of 15-30 minutes. The technique is based on the idea that focused, timed work intervals followed by short breaks can improve concentration and productivity. It also helps in breaking down large tasks into smaller, more manageable parts.
Xavier JJ
For me as there always unlimited stuff to do, i set a time and immediately stop the task when the time is up. Then when i come back to continue the task, there would be new insights as I have gathered when I am passively thinking about it.
LisaKim
@dailyfitnessai I guess you're saying that there is virtue in rest.. I wholeheartedly agree with that
Shubh
@dailyfitnessai this is an awesome tip, but wondering how how do you find the strength to disrupt the flow , for me I find it hard to context switch .
Jackie Hubbert
1. Prioritize tasks by importance and deadlines to stay focused. 2. Break your day into blocks of dedicated work time with short breaks. 3. Use tools like to-do lists and calendars to organize and track your tasks.
Rohit Joshi
Focus on your priorities and tackle tasks one by one. Don't overthink about time,trust the process and focus on completing each task effectively.
Stella
Make a daily schedule.
Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
Audit where you spend your time and see if there are low-priority activities you can hand-off to someone else. Part of time management as an entrepreneur is prioritizing our high-impact activities and bringing in team members (even part-time or contract) to let go of some of the low-impact activities.
Eliza Crescini
Prioritize your tasks, focus on one at a time, and take breaks when needed. As a social media manager, I usually do these tips! Hope it helps! :)
Darren M
Set blocks of time to do X, Y, Z. But it's very important to set time to relax. You won't perform at you're best if you're not well rested.
Sydney Chan
For me, time blocking or even just using a project management platform like Swit will make a huge difference. Staying organized and on top of things is the best thing you can do even if it's just for yourself. I also love the Pomodoro technique, similar to time blocking!
Martin Allen
Prioritize tasks by importance and deadlines to stay focused.Break your day into blocks of dedicated work time with short breaks.Use tools like to-do lists and calendars to organize and track your tasks.
Egy Rosalada
well we have this app that saves a lot of time it will make your audio to notes, it works like a charm i dont need to write on my own it is hassle and also sometimes in my work i forgot what we discussed about so ill just look at there and there it goes 😅 its called Bara check out this app 😉
Robert Blixt
A few things I do... 1. Use a todo app + calendar to prioritize and keep track of events 2. Say NO to as many things as possible 3. Delegate as much as you can 4. Dedicate your day to only 1-3 of the most prioritized items to feel accomplished when the day is over. Anything else is a bonus. 5. Realize that you will never get everything done for peace of mind
Sherry Morgan
Sure, managing time effectively can be challenging, but it's crucial. Start by setting clear goals and priorities. Create a daily schedule, allocating time for tasks and breaks. Avoid multitasking, as it can reduce productivity. Learn to say no when necessary. Delegate tasks and minimize distractions. Reflect on your progress and adjust your schedule as needed. Remember, balance is key.
hayato onodera
Separate time for thinking and time for working. Use the same time of day every day as much as possible.
AmazingSylvia
I make a to do list everyday for myself.
Pavel Kukhnavets
Hi Lisa. Our team also works remotely. To stay organized and always consider deadlines, we use a powerful daily task manager that comes with an advanced task time tracker. This managing tool is GanttPRO ( https://ganttpro.com/daily-task-...). With its help, we always know how much time our team spends on certain tasks.