Time to reflect! We're at the end of our first month of 2023. How was your January so far?

Jason Andries
89 replies
We're already at the end of January, time flies! How did your first month of the new year go so far? Did you stay on track with your resolutions, did you do anything special or did you reach a certain goal you set for yourself already? I'm curious to hear about how you've conquered the first part of this year so far and what your next step is :)

Replies

Nick Mazikov
Everything is great! Lots of startups who have found investment for their projects thanks to us! And this is our main goal
Natalie Mastracci
It was a really hard few months for our Product/Development team. We challenged ourselves to perform automatic pixel injection in our new Shopify App. This was from overwhelming feedback from our customers that placing pixels slowed them down. It was really tough but we actually solved it! I'm so proud of the team for their perseverance. If we weren't so close-knit I don't think we could have achieved this together. Anyone have any suggestions of how we could celebrate? What's worked for your teams in the past? I don't want this milestone to fade away but this feels like it deserves something more special than a pizza party haha Also, If you have a moment, please check out our product launch: Squaredance for Shopify! Your support would mean a lot!
Jason Andries
@nmastracci Product/development changes are always so stressful. I'm happy it worked out, congratulations! We've done a lot of fun activities like an escape room, axe throwing etc. outside of the office to celebrate our wins. I always like it when we go someplace else because it takes the work environment out of the celebration. I'm going to check out your product launch right now, good luck :)
Apollon Latsoudis
@nmastracci Congrats on your success! It good to know that it was a team efforts. Time perhaps for a relaxing weekend excursion with the team? Somewhere peaceful without the influences of work
Goals are on track; diet is not. Time to stop eating double cheeseburgers an hour before the gym & finally try a vegetable.
Louis Cirignano
@travis_page I can relate! I’ve been lifting for around 15 years, and had what I thought was a great diet, but recovering from Covid body was not happening! Haha I just started working with a nutritionist and it’s wonderful! Way more direction and accountability, I definitely recommend giving it a shot. Mine also did a lot of testing which removes the guess work!
Jason Andries
@travis_page Haha I actually laughed out loud with your comment, good one! I'm happy your goals are on track, I'm sure your diet will follow πŸ’ͺ
@fam_socialfinance I dig this. Im going to start small with one vegetable, graduate to two, once I get to fruits then I will consider a nutritionist. Baby steps.
@jason_andries1 I just turned 30 and Im sure the happy meal X Deadlift combo will stop working for me soon.
Nathaniel Karmy
Stressful but keeps me opportunistic that I have a whole new year to improve and excel at what I do best. Take everyday as a lesson.
Jason Andries
@nathaniel_karmy Keep that mindset, improve a little every day and you'll grow so much in the long run!
Royce Wong
πŸ’ͺ Moved from full time 9-5 to all time founder for inorbit.io πŸŽ‰ Celebrating with our team with a few key feature releases
Louis Cirignano
With so much volatility across almost every market, there is a lot of opportunity out there! I’ve definitely noticed way more energy at least in the real estate market. The years what you make it😁
Jason Andries
@fam_socialfinance I love the "The year's what you make it" quote, good luck with the opportunities coming your way!
Johannes
Did one product from start to MVP, now slowly getting feedback. So quite exciting!
Kate Santoro
I got to spend most of it working remotely from the States (I'm an expat living in Spain), so I'd say pretty good. Seeing my family after a day of work was great :)
Jason Andries
@kate_santoro1 That sounds great indeed, spending time with family is so important. I love Spain so I'm sure living there also definitely has its benefits
Kate Santoro
@jason_andries1 Spain is great for so many reasons! A more balanced lifestyle, more focus on social life, great food, and social services. But you can never replace family, and there are certainly some other things from the US that I miss too.
Sherry Xena
The first month was pretty good
Zain Sheikh
One month into 2023 and it's time for some self-reflection on my goals. Although I was determined to make this year a success, the rise in prices, inflation, and other challenges have made me reconsider my approach. Time for a reassessment of the situation.
Jason Andries
@zain_sheikh Reflecting from time to time can really change you for the better, good luck finding your way through the struggles of inflation etc.
Business Marketing with Nika
I have created many things, but I still do not have that feeling. Anyway – I attended the educational event that I enjoyed, created posts, claimed deals, met new people, and can't stop. 😁
Anastasia C
swamped in Jan. did a business trip, will launch an e-book on PH, and have prepared a BP. almost burn out
Martin Balle
A bit hectic πŸ˜… but we managed to reach all our milestones, finish our MVP and onboard our initial test users. Now for onboarding the first people from our waiting list. πŸ‘€ And I made a New Years resolution that I would bump up my workout routine to three days a week, and so far I've stuck to it. 🀞
Jason Andries
@martin_balle Congrats on reaching all your milestones and sticking to your new routine, that's impressive Martin!
Anoir Houmou
So far so good, there's been a lot happening but it's always good to stay busy
Chrispy
This January has been great. Funny to think that this January actually ran so fast; thanks also to my activities on Kryptview; the first Research-to-Earn platform for cryptos. Yeah! Great January...
Jason Andries
@chrispyy01 This month flew by in the blink of an eye indeed. I'm happy you had a great and productive month!
Alexis Khvatov
Wow, the first month of 2023 is already over and what a great start to the new year! January has been full of positive energy and has kept me inspired, motivated and energized. All the resolutions that we had set for ourselves seem to be going strong, and it's exciting to see them being put into action! I've managed to stay focused on my goals this month and have worked diligently towards meeting them by taking small yet consistent steps every day. Though I feel like I have so much left to accomplish this year, it's lovely to take some time to reflect on how far I have already come during January β€” it's amazing how your hard work brings progress even if it seems small at first. Here's to awesome achievements in February!
Jason Andries
@alekswatch I'm happy to hear about your success Alexis! Your comment radiates positivity and excitement, keep up the good work for the rest of the year πŸ’ͺ
Jonayed Tanjim
It's been very busy for us. Done building our MVP with some beta testers. Tweaking some features. Hope to launch very soon. Super pumped. πŸš€
Jason Andries
@jonayed_tanjim That's a great way to start the year, congratulations on finishing your mvp and good luck with your launch!
Nadim
Exciting yet busy and sometimes overwhelming. Overall great start for the year.
Jonathan D
I quit smoking! And defined OKR :)
Rebecca Tany
Failed to arrive at my goal. I was sick in January, all the work is a bit slow.