Slack or Discord?

Briti
14 replies
I have worked in several work space and most of them use either slack or discord to communicate, which one do you prefer?

Replies

Luka Vasic
I use both daily. Discord associates me with friends and playing games, yes I used it for working with a team. Not at a new job, we use Slack and to me personally, I like it for work. I think it depends on the team, currently most professional work is done through Slack.
Paul VanZandt
Slack for work, haven't used discord a ton.
Tony Yan
I will try discord for my upcoming product.
Tony Yan
By the way, if we want to build a community with our users, which one is better?
Slack - If it’s not a big community - mainly because of the notification and conversations threading system
Dow Osage
I use Slack for work & Discord for everything else (school, communicate with my teenagers, memes, etc). I think they both have a place in the communication ecosystem, though it does feellike Slack is for day and Discord is for after-day (meaning after work, eve, late night).
Shruti
Discord for sure. user friendly and easier to build a community there
Cameron Caldwell
Definitely depends on for what. Both can prove to be HUGE distractions, but I think Slack is a bit more organized while Discord offers more flexibility
Jiho
discord for gaming, slack for working
Kazimieras Melaika
I always used discord but usually for entertainment/leisure purposes only. I like Slack a lot! Btw, we’re launching in the mid of June. Check out our upcoming PH page: www.producthunt.com/upcoming/eff... Our project is called: Effecto. It’s an app for detailed habits, health, symptoms, and meds tracking. Pretty much for everything that is related to your physical or mental health and every daily factor that can affect you.