SEO rich website or story-telling type website?

Mukhil Maran
17 replies
Will you build a website focusing solely on all the targeted keywords? Or will you build one that has a purposeful story - like problems and your solution?

Replies

Tobe T
Great discussion! Both SEO-rich websites and storytelling-type websites have their own merits. It ultimately depends on the goals and objectives of your website.
Yogesh Subramanian
Hi Mukhil, An SEO-rich website focuses on optimizing content for search engines to improve visibility and organic traffic. It involves keyword optimization, meta tags, and user-friendly design. A story-telling-type website, on the other hand, engages users through narratives, visuals, and interactive elements. It creates an emotional connection and conveys a brand's message effectively. The choice depends on your goals and target audience. SEO-rich websites increase visibility and traffic while story-telling websites offer a unique brand experience. Consider your objectives: if it's increasing search traffic, go for SEO; if it's creating an immersive brand experience, opt for story-telling.
Mukhil Maran
@yogesh_subramanian Thank you for your valuable comment, Yogesh. A little skeptical about this. Whether to go the Seo way or story way. haha..
Loga Bala Murugan Giriraj
It completely depends upon your strategic decision. What you may do is, publish more and more SEO focused blogs, create landing pages that focus more on targeted keywords. But, keep the website clean and make it like a story. Because, emotional engagement, establishing uniqueness and good user experience are the must in website home page.
Sharon Anderson
We will build a website that not only integrates all the targeted keywords for SEO optimization, but also tells a compelling story showcasing your unique solutions to problems. Our approach ensures a meaningful engagement with your audience, while still promoting visibility in search engines.
Aleksej Vukomanovic
I would focus on story telling, as goal is to increase conversions, doing just seo optimizations without having proper conversion funnel will not help much. You can bring traffic, but if traffic does not convert its the same as having website with no traffic
André J
Launching soon!
Depends on the product, but a strong focus on USP for either case. Most fail with communicating their USP tho.
John Lins
It's one in the same, as long as you make content that people love AND it's not in a saturated market, you will simultaneously get good SEO.
Marilena Nikou
story-telling for sure!
jsjasjjsjsj sbehehah
As a user, I believe a Website with a purposeful story that addresses problems and provides solutions would be more engaging and effective. While targeting keywords is important for search engine optimization, it's equally crucial to create a website that resonates with users and offers valuable content. A narrative-driven approach can help build trust, showcase expertise, and establish a connection with visitors. So, I would recommend building a website that combines targeted keywords with a compelling story and solution-oriented content.
Janine N
It kind of depends on how you're planning on driving traffic to the website... if you rely on search to drive users SEO becomes a l to more important. If you drive traffic from elsewhere and you need to convince people and get them on board... storytelling for the win, is what I would say!
Mukhil Maran
@janine_nitz Makes complete sense. Yes. Storytelling is important to make your visitor relate to the problems and try your solution out.
Fred Lukens - Launching Today!
Hey, launching on next week. Just finished writing a 18-page SEO Mega Prompt Pack for ranking. The guide contains 7 section with 18 advance prompts. All early bird will get 30% OFF to the product for free in return for honest feedback. https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Mark Milton
I would always advocate for user-first approach, because you will ultimately lose out in the long-run if the user does not find the content useful. Let's say you optimise for keywords, you start to rank, Google picks up your site, but then when users visit, they find the content useless and bounce. All that work will be for nothing if you are not able to keep the users on the page. I go for user-first - understanding keywords, yes, but serving the user-needs first. Keyword optimisation can come a little bit later. My strategy would be to map out the keyword landscape, but then tailor the content to make sure you can efficiently answer the questions of the users (with a nod to the actual value that your site/product offers)