Roast my frontend.

Ivan Gorshkov
4 replies
Hey there, fellow hunters! I'm one of the co-founders of Cipher Critic, and I'm here to ask for your help. Our team mainly consists of backend developers and machine learning experts, and we could really use some help with our frontend. To put it bluntly, we know our frontend needs work, and we're hoping you can give us some honest feedback on it. We're not looking for compliments or sugar-coated criticism – we want to know what you really think. We know there are a lot of talented designers and frontend developers out there, and we'd be thrilled if you could take a look at our site and give us your thoughts on how we can improve it. We're open to any and all suggestions, from layout and design to usability and functionality. So, if you're up for it, head on over to https://www.ciphercritic.com and let us have it. We can take it – we promise. And who knows, your feedback just might help us make Cipher Critic even better. Thanks for your help, and happy hunting!

Replies

Jordan Ellis
Super cool website! I'd personally give it some type of background image to give it a splash of color. Also, when you click in the search field the "Search protocols" label gets cut of.
Ivan Gorshkov
@realjordanellis Thanks Jordan! I appreciate your feedback. We will fix the label thing for sure. It is a very good catch. On the image - I agree, we will be adding more colours eventually and picture is one of the ways to achieve it.
Grace Hur
Ivan, this caught my attention because my afterwork brain read the title as "Roast my friend" 😹 Sadly, I don't feel qualified to offer constructive feedback, but I'll leave this comment in hopes that your discussion can get more visibility. Good luck!
Ivan Gorshkov
@gracehur Haha! Thanks Grace, any feedback even from non-professional designers would be appreciated, at the end of the day, our users don't have much design experience and it is important to understand how appealing the website is for normal users. On the catching headline - next times I will probably use something catching like this :)