Remote work or In-office work?

qiufeng
30 replies
I've been working remotely for six months now, and I think working remotely is a huge time saver for commuting, but the one downside is that it also makes it impossible for me to differentiate between work and life time. Sometimes I wake up really late, which causes my biological clock to go haywire。

Replies

Max
only in office work.
Elena Tsemirava
As for me (a freelancer), remote work is the best. But if you are an employee it depends on your position in an organisation.
Nico Spijker
@elenat Do you still go to coworking spaces? As a fellow freelancer I find myself still working more out of the home than anything else. :)
Nyda Ahmad
Remote, always. For the right job, I might be open to a hybrid work model. But in-office doesn't feel feasible anymore. I work for a fully remote company, Swit. Not only are we saving on the commute (money/time), but also the work/life balance is great! We clock out after 8 hours, whichever time zone we're in, and our workday is done. It also allows us flexi hours, so if there's a doctor's appointment, errands to run, or you just need a break, you can make up the hours later. We're about to launch on PH, if you want to check out our teaser page and give it a follow :) https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
Daniel Zaitzow
Remore and I don't think I would ever go back to an office full time.
qiufeng
@dzaitzow ahhha, me too, I'm so used to freedom that I don't want to get used to a regular In-office schedule.
Daniel Zaitzow
@qiufeng It's not so much the schedule (I actually think I might enjoy that part of it haha) It's more so the commute, spending money on lunch and putting on regular clothes that get me.
Hybrid. Sometimes in person meetings are the most productive. But remote flexibility is a plus for sure
Artyom Sviridov
Remote work is awesome. I also really like hybrid mode (i.e. sometimes you work remotely, other times you work in the office).
Nastassia
only remote. I hate commuting to the office :D
Yura Turivny
I love remote for the quietness and ability to manage my time flexible. But there is always lack about real communication in office
qiufeng
@yura_turivny Yes, in the office, during lunch or leisure time, it is possible to discuss weekend life, games, and some interesting things with your coworkers
Yura Turivny
@qiufeng Absolutely. Office give you not only professional communication, but friends as well
Jack Rhodes
Depends on individual preferences and job requirements. By the way, I prefer Remote work
Igor Lysenko
Definitely working remotely, productivity increases exponentially.
qiufeng
@ixord yeah, Everyone's optimal time of day is different, but working in an office, the hours are fixed!
Can you imagine how hard it is for me to work remotely, knowing that somewhere in the office my coworkers are hanging out.
Kris Pi
In-office work