Pros and cons of calorie calculators

Jan Leonovich
11 replies
🍎 Have you ever been using a calorie calculator app? What irritates you most about this process?

Replies

Alvaro Mathis
Pros: Calorie calculators provide a convenient tool for individuals to track and manage their daily food intake, aiding in weight management and nutritional awareness. Cons: However, they may oversimplify complex dietary needs, ignore individual metabolic variations, and potentially contribute to an unhealthy focus on numbers rather than overall well-being.
Gabriele Mazzola 🧭
I've used LifeSum. To be honest, nothing really irritated me (except the paywall, but I get it :D). It works really well!
Jan Leonovich
@gabriele_mazzola subscription there costs $10 per month. Did you finally agree to pay? :)
Eden
I use MyNetDiary. I chose this because my trainer recommended it and the scanning feature is free. Can't think of anything that bothers me, honestly. It's a great tool
Jan Leonovich
@entreeden so it was important that the application had certain minimal functionality and did not require a subscription for it?
Eden
@visionoiry well the scanning feature is the most important to me and since this app had it for free i used it. if there were no apps that had scanning for free i'd pay for it
Jan Leonovich
@entreeden as far as I understand, you mean a barcode scanner, right?
Jane Walker
Calorie calculators are helpful tools for managing your diet and health. They provide a convenient way to track your calorie intake, aiding weight control and nutrition awareness. However, they may not always account for individual variations, potentially leading to inaccurate recommendations. Overreliance on them can also overshadow the importance of overall food quality and balanced eating.
Jan Leonovich
@jane_walker I think not consuming extra calories is still the most important thing. But yes, all the rest is too individual. However controlling calories itself helped me to loose weight from 115 to 80 kilograms (from 253 to 176 pounds).
Dave Seth
To cancel your subscription, please log in to your account on the platform where you subscribed and navigate to the subscription settings. Look for the "Cancel Subscription" option and follow the prompts to complete the cancellation process. If you encounter any issues, contact customer support for assistance. Note: Calculadoraigv keyword is included for relevance.