Kaushik Mukherjee
48 replies

Replies

Hannah Price
For me, it's Chrome!
Marco Moauro
My is Chrome, your?
Kaushik Mukherjee
@marco_moauro1 Chrome, Safari, Firefox in that order I keep different workspaces in different browsers to see which one consumes the most memory. The jury is still out
Kaushik Mukherjee
@slimmy82 It becomes important esp on some of the websites which provide image, video editing services. So I monitor them because I see a clear need to keep the memory footprint under check, I have had issues with both Chrome and Safari bailing out in terms of memory footprints.
@kaushik_mukherjee1 interesting. I’m going to check next time I have 457295 tabs open how much memory is being used
Kaushik Mukherjee
@slimmy82 after the 10th tab I don’t even know if I can track anything that I am doing. Go to solution ? Close the whole window and start afresh !
Lunar
Arc is the best!
Kaushik Mukherjee
@thtslunar I tried arc a few times and I liked it but I also needed to install it in other machines so that the profile switching is consistent. I have just been lazy with it ! What’s your opinion on arc verse chrome ?
@thtslunar have never heard of arc? What are all these new funky browsers people speak of?!
Lunar
@slimmy82 These browsers are made for Developers from what I know. And they’re really nice and have a lot of features. Their goal is to change browsing.
Jasmine Butters
I usually use Edge, but for some reason PH works poorly on it (it is loading too long), so I had to install Chrome.
Daniel Zaitzow
Gotta be Chrome for me - Tried ARC and it's cool but I'm not ready for that type of shift haha
ISTIAK AHMAD
Hey Man, Chrome ( :
Oeneril
I prefer Chrome, and Brave. :)
Kaushik Mukherjee
@oeneril ah Brave ! Why do you like Brave ?
Oeneril
@kaushik_mukherjee1 I like Brave for the following reasons. :) 1. It supports IPFS server protocol (ipfs://) and ENS (Ethereum Name Service). Since I am in the web3 industry, it is very useful. 2. It is creator friendly. It supports content creators to monetize and support by Token.
Kaushik Mukherjee
@oeneril yup. I did dabble with web3 for a bit but never pursued it in all earnest. That said Brave make me curious will check it out :)
Jerry Zhang
Launching soon!
arc?
Kaushik Mukherjee
@hacksman I have used arc and quite liked it, but is there a significant difference between chrome and arc ?
James Frank
I prefer Chrome because according to my experience, I want to say that Chrome is the best Browser.
James Will
My is Edge and what's your Kaushik?
Kaushik Mukherjee
@james_will1 Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Edge is good but a lot of websites aren’t optimised for edge so I inevitably end up using Chrome or Safari.
Safari, chrome, Firefox, aol (kidding)
Sarvpriy Arya
Ofcourse chrome but firefox also sometimes, edge is only for bing chat
Crystal J
Definitely chrome
Prem Saini
Chrome & Safari
Chrome! Fast and convenient
PRIYANKA MANDAL
Hi Kaushik, I'm a fan of Chrome for its speed and extensions, but I also dabble in Firefox.
Kaushik Mukherjee
@priyankamandal does it ever crash / hang for you ? Chrome ?
Igor Lysenko
I prefer to use Google more than other browsers.
Steef Dann
Firefox all the way!
Kaushik Mukherjee
@joel_dann ah ! Is that because you have been a FF user for the longest time or did you recently convert ?