Notion or Notes?And why?

Victoria Wu
12 replies
Recently, I heard that some people want to give up on Notion and return to using the default Notes app on their Mac. I'm curious about what caused this change in attitude. In my opinion, both Notion and Notes are excellent products. What do you think is causing users to make this switch? And which one do you prefer?

Replies

Maybe some believe their data saved in local storage is safer than net. And the risk of data leak could be reduced as well. Probably that is why. But for me, I prefer to use the net ones since I can work from different devices smoothly.
Although Notes in Mac has cloud saving like notion does, I still take Notes as traditional product when compared to the next generation products like notion.
Maël Harnois
I've been asking myself that for few months- and at the end they solve different problems for me, and use both of them ahah. It doesn't feel right but didn't find a more appropriate way to do yet. 1. Notion: Manage and organise everything, projects, tools, knowledge, tasks... 2. Notes: To... take notes. It feels way simpler to as a tool to take quickly notes about something. The simple features like checklist etc are more (meaning quicker) accessible in notes, even if it's a matter of less than a second, it feels like there are some frictions for me when using Notion for quick notes. But it implies to then find a workaround not to have doubles in between notion and notes, 😂 -> Notes, my "flow" brain -> Notion, my "organised" brain
Carmen Judson
Notes. To keep it simple.
Jack Davies
I prefer Notion for powerful features & organization. But Notes is cool for quick thoughts & simple lists. Some switch back for simplicity & speed.
HyunGun Jung
I use both methods as well, similar to @maelus However, I prefer taking notes because it allows for a quicker response, especially when typing in Korean 한글.
Richard Gao
Just notes app Because I don't find the other features of notion something that I actually need
Hugo DEVEZE 🏴‍☠️
Notes for fast ephemeral notes & Notion for long term notes ! What about you @victoria_wu ?
@devezehugo I have used both Notion and Notes. And at the very beginning, Notion is quite good for team Wikis. But after almost one year, the database become so huge in Notion. And we found it so hard to search the information we needed. It became so heavy. But I still like it’s clean UI.🤣
I prefer Notion as it's more organized and customizable. However, for quick jotting down of notes, I opt for Notes app on my phone. I think it depends on the user's needs and preferences.
Good question. Personally, I also switched from using Notes to Notion. Before I came across Notion, I used Notes to record my technical notes. But one day someone recommended Notion to me, and I decided to give it a try. I found that Notion's block format and the cover of each page were very beautiful. Notion also provides a very user-friendly tree structure directory, which makes it very pleasant and convenient to review and organize notes.