Nonfiction books to challenge your thinking? 📚📕

Shany Hordan
20 replies
I'm curious to discover some great books to challenge my thinking and change my perspective. Any good ones you have read or heard of lately? BTW - I'm reading "Working Hard, Hardly Working" and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to achieve more and feels fulfilled.

Replies

Duyk
-The One Thing is a great book for finding your life goal and moving to reach it. -Brief: Make a Bigger Impact has taught me be more clear.
Ido Lavi
I love "That will never work" by Marc Randolph - he shares his journey in the early days of Netflix
Aaron Shmidman
I'm a huge fan off " The 4-Hour Workweek, by Tim Ferriss". Life is all about doing what you love!
Iyad Magdy
There are different books that would be good to read that would make you mind rich with information : 1.Think and Grow Rich - By Napoleon Hill 2.How to Cultivate an Unshakable Character - By Jim Rohn 3.Learned Optimism - By Martin E. P. Seligman 4.The Power of Ambition - By Jim Rohn 5.Become What You Are - By Alan Watts 6.The New Psycho-cybernetics - By Maxwell Maltz and Dan Kennedy 7.Awaken The Giant Within - By Tony Robbins 8.The Closer's Survival Guide - By Grant Cardone 9.100 Ways to Stay Motivated - By Grant Cardone 10.Raving Fans - By Ken Blanchard an Sheldon Bowels
Atul Ghorpade
Read "The Go-Giver".
Atul Ghorpade
Currently reading "The Minimalist Entrepreneur" by @shl
Ira GI
I rarely read books, mostly blogs or listen to podcasts
清源
Philosophy class:《Sofies verden》 《The Little Blue Reasoning Book:50 Powerful Principles for Clear and Effective Thinking》 《Shih Chi》
Style and Trends
I'd say "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins is a pretty challenging read.
David J. Kim
A book that challenges your perspective? Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
Dafni Chontou
I highly recommend Make Time to anyone who wants to rethink their day-2-day routines, be less reactive, and make time for what's really important. Reading it currently for the 2nd time :)
Anvita kamat
The Almanac of Naval Ravikant has been my current favorite!
girish wadhwani
Alchemy by Rory Sutherland
Jenny Romano
A few I've read / are on my to read list. I'm taking the definition of "challenge your thinking" quite broadly, I hope you'll find something interesting :) - Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World - The power of habit - Talking to strangers - Educated: a memoir - Stop reading the news - Bullsh*t jobs (I read it first as an employee, and I keep it top of mind now as an entrepreneur:) - Why I'm no longer talking to white people about race - Me and white supremacy - Disability Visibility: First-Person Stories from the Twenty-First Century - Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive And then a fiction book which in covid times I found much closer to a non-fiction: Blindness by Saramago.
Josef Strzibny
Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It might be interesting to you. I wrote a review with some of the lessons https://nts.strzibny.name/learni... The main things to understand is that compromise is bad and your best leverage is knowing the unknowns.