Nonfiction books to challenge your thinking? 📚📕

Shany Hordan
20 replies
I'm curious to discover some great books to challenge my thinking and change my perspective. Any good ones you have read or heard of lately? BTW - I'm reading "Working Hard, Hardly Working" and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to achieve more and feels fulfilled.

Replies

Aaron Shmidman
I'm a huge fan off " The 4-Hour Workweek, by Tim Ferriss". Life is all about doing what you love!
Ido Lavi
I love "That will never work" by Marc Randolph - he shares his journey in the early days of Netflix
Iyad Magdy
There are different books that would be good to read that would make you mind rich with information : 1.Think and Grow Rich - By Napoleon Hill 2.How to Cultivate an Unshakable Character - By Jim Rohn 3.Learned Optimism - By Martin E. P. Seligman 4.The Power of Ambition - By Jim Rohn 5.Become What You Are - By Alan Watts 6.The New Psycho-cybernetics - By Maxwell Maltz and Dan Kennedy 7.Awaken The Giant Within - By Tony Robbins 8.The Closer's Survival Guide - By Grant Cardone 9.100 Ways to Stay Motivated - By Grant Cardone 10.Raving Fans - By Ken Blanchard an Sheldon Bowels
Atul Ghorpade
Read "The Go-Giver".
Atul Ghorpade
Currently reading "The Minimalist Entrepreneur" by @shl
Ira GI
I rarely read books, mostly blogs or listen to podcasts
清源
Philosophy class:《Sofies verden》 《The Little Blue Reasoning Book:50 Powerful Principles for Clear and Effective Thinking》 《Shih Chi》
Style and Trends
I'd say "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins is a pretty challenging read.
David J. Kim
A book that challenges your perspective? Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
Dafni Chontou
I highly recommend Make Time to anyone who wants to rethink their day-2-day routines, be less reactive, and make time for what's really important. Reading it currently for the 2nd time :)
Anvita kamat
The Almanac of Naval Ravikant has been my current favorite!
girish wadhwani
Alchemy by Rory Sutherland
Jenny Romano
A few I've read / are on my to read list. I'm taking the definition of "challenge your thinking" quite broadly, I hope you'll find something interesting :) - Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World - The power of habit - Talking to strangers - Educated: a memoir - Stop reading the news - Bullsh*t jobs (I read it first as an employee, and I keep it top of mind now as an entrepreneur:) - Why I'm no longer talking to white people about race - Me and white supremacy - Disability Visibility: First-Person Stories from the Twenty-First Century - Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive And then a fiction book which in covid times I found much closer to a non-fiction: Blindness by Saramago.
Josef Strzibny
Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It might be interesting to you. I wrote a review with some of the lessons https://nts.strzibny.name/learni... The main things to understand is that compromise is bad and your best leverage is knowing the unknowns.
Duyk
-The One Thing is a great book for finding your life goal and moving to reach it. -Brief: Make a Bigger Impact has taught me be more clear.