New to PH, any go to tips?

Sherzod Khoshimov
46 replies
Hi everyone, I am new to PH. Any tips to get started, what do you mostly use PH for? Anything I should know as a new user?

Replies

lanang ari
A lot of nice tips here. Glad you create this discussion
Bernard Badó
Build your profile before launch! - Comment on the new products. - Comment on the discussions. - Create discussions yourself.
Rich Watson
welcome to the hunt!
Make sure you are active on PH, whether it's participating in discussions, building a community, creating collections, upvoting great products, commenting, and so on.
Nick Martin
I've found going through the entire PH Launch guide a few times was a good place to start https://www.producthunt.com/launch Tagging along here to learn more. We are running a two-week hackathon and one of the goals was to create a PH launch. Is it too ambitious or possible? Our main goal is to get feedback on a free PDF to HTML tool we are creating.
Nick Martin
@vishal_godhwani I agree, and for us we are going to take this super simple and as a learning experience for launching our first product here on PH.
Vishal Godhwani from Brew Money
@nicholasjohnmartin that's good to hear. We at Brew Money are also planning for our app launch soon and would be using this guide. Good luck for your launch :)
Angeli Zhao
@nicholasjohnmartin if you don't mind me asking, what is a hackathon?
Nick Martin
@angeli_ it's a term used a lot in software development. You set yourself a deadline (typically 1-2 weeks) and have a very clear goal for certain things you want to accomplish. For us, its a two-week period where we are all focused on improving everything surrounding our product. Hackathons are meant to force you to think in shortcuts, cheats, improvements because the time you have is very limited.
Angeli Zhao
@nicholasjohnmartin Thank you so much! Not very fluent in software development terms (more into marketing). Insightful!
Imtiyaz
Welcome to the community! Stay active and connect with others.
Luka Vasic
Engage with the community, make friends, and contribute to the conversation. When you launch you will have all the support.
Vishal Godhwani from Brew Money
Hey Sherzod, even I joined the community a few weeks back. What I love about PH is you find products that you never thought you needed. This, in general, helps in boosting productivity at work. I try to spend some time every day browsing through the homepage and trying out new products. Last week I found a tool that helps you create images using texts and it blew my mind, here is their website - https://imgcreator.zmo.ai/
Tariq Waseem
Welcome on PH. Increase your interaction with members to grow your network and explore products to educate yourself.
Rahul Mehta
Give 10-15 mins daily to PH, Engage with the new Products comment your genuine feedback. Explore the community section find a topic and write your heart out. Start your own Discussion just like this.
Daniel Burns
Welcome to Product Hunt 🚀 As I am pretty new here as well, I still mainly engage with others in discussions and aid them with a solution. If you have a matter to discuss, such as this one, you can always do so. Many are eager to help! Good luck!
Rehan Choudhry
This community channel is everything. So helpful and supportive.
Kevin Zepeda
Be creative with your launch, not copy past ideas.
John Kowal
Make sure you are active and building communicty :)
Jonathan Nass
Definitely try your best to interact with the community. This will keep you in the know about tons of great products launching, but it will also help build up a network of folks to lean on when the time comes to launch your product.
Sveta Bay
Welcome! Here's the collection of Launch tips 🚀 https://blog.makerbox.club/how-t...
Ash Rahman 🎮
People outside PH will say launch early, don't do it. Plan your launch strategically, build relations with other users, after launch ask them to upvote/comment. Can be a time consuming task but worth every second. I launched my last product without any interaction with other users and it didn't get enough exposure.
Soumya Chaturvedi
- Comment on new products - Actively participate in discussions - Start new discussions - Be engaging as much as possible - Follow people
Software Guy (Aarvy)
Yep, provide value in the discussions and reply to all the comments. Do this more often and you are more likely to get success here.