Nearly one year since ChatGPT launch πŸ€–, do you use Generative AI to help you at work and for what ?

Jonathan magat
126 replies
From ChatGPT & Midjourney to AI feature in Notion, Bing of even Hubspot, generative AI a there, but do you use is daily to help you at work ? At Gryzzly we make a big use of chatgpt to help us in copywriting for landing page and for SEO keyword idea. Changed a lot of things for us, next step is to try plugins to analyse our customer datas and build recomendation for ICP analysis. Curious to read your thoughts on that and your tops and usage !

Replies

Thibaut Collette
Every other day at least. And I think GenAI changes a lot of "white-collar" jobs. I liked how it helped me improve my writing.
Adam Lui
I find I use it much less than when I was first entranced by it, probably due to the very tangible nerfing leading to just web search being more useful/accurate. But Claude has become my driver lately thanks to its excellence in solving code problems. (Also SDXL 0.9 for graphics like thumbnails for blog posts)
Thaniks @adamlui I Didn't know about Claude, will take a look ! The built in Constitutional AI seems to solve a problem for me, we're looking to find a way to imput ethical limit to ouyr chatbot before integrating generative GPT feature in it.
Salar Davari
Since the early days, I asked my team to start using it for getting ideas and giving variety to what they write. It is quite practical and makes a good hand. But the brain thing is still unique to us and we should keep it that way. Pity some individuals think Chat GPT writes better than human. The best it can do is help them write better and quicker. that's all.
Agree with you @salar__davari, we only use chatgpt to help us improve what a human brain created with our marketing tone of voice and arguments. I see it more like a tool than a cheat code
In my marketing work, I use GPT mainly to get ideas for texts with character limits. For example, for Google Ads with its 15 titles per ad, or in SEO with ideas for associated keywords. I have to say that it saves me an enormous amount of time in my work, as if I had an assistant for all these tasks ^^
Serhii Romanov
ChatGPT helps with answer questions in PH :)
@serhii_romanov1 Haha thats a good use when preparing for launch, just followed your launch, dont hesitate to follow ours ! ;)
Panos Karagiannis
I think many people realized that products that are essentially thin wrappers on ChatGPT (or ChatGPT itself) is sometimes hard to use out of the box for high stakes enterprise settings. At Moveo we have been trying to solve quite a few of the well known issues (toxicity, hallucination, scaling etc) of such LLMs in order to use GenAI in production but it has not been easy!
@panos_karagiannis what were your struggles ? we're questioning our self in implementing GPT tech in our product but we know that some of our customer are afraid for privacy or ethical issues
Panos Karagiannis
@johnmgt The main challenges you will face by using GPT4 are Scalability, Privacy and Hallucinations. The first two are somewhat alleviated if you can use the OpenAI services from Azure. How you tackle hallucinations typically depends on your specific use-case but it will probably involve an ensemble of models to detect those cases with good accuracy. I believe you can use GPT for rapid prototyping and validating ideas. In the near future you will be able to run task-specific LLMs (LLAMA-2 etc.) either in house or as a service with very similar accuracy.
@panos_karagiannis very interesting, we're currently researching those possibilities and made a quick prototype. Being in a program for startup with microsoft help us get free credits to experiment on Chatgpt and Azure :)
Omar Faruk
We actually built a product inspired by ChatGPT. We built ReplyMind an AI-powered tool that can help you write meaningful and valuable replies on LinkedIn, X, and Product Hunt with just a click. Do check it out if you haven't yet. www.replymind.com
Thanks really helpful @omar_faruk29 how did you differentiate from Chatgpt, did you add some specifique rules or prompts exemple ?
Marlon Berg
In some cases ChatGPT just replaces Google for me. Depending on what information I am looking for it may save time that I otherwise would spend scrolling through Google search results for a while. As a developer I also use GitHub Copilot on a daily basis. This is very helpful, especially with the new Copilot chat.
Matt Preston
Its been game changing for sure. But I was struggling with it because it makes for a great virtual assistant to repeat tasks but you have to manually go back to it to repeat the prompt. So I built a new SaaS that could automate it. Its pretty simple. I'm hoping to launch it on product hunt eventually but I've only been on here a few days so far. Sounds like I need to wait a few months before I can. Anyway if you're interested in it let me know. I'm trying to figure out how to market it now. :)
@blissinvestor sure looks interesting ! Do you have any link ? We're launching tomorrow on PH, feel free to support us :)
Matt Preston
It says "invalid content detected" when I try to include a link.That's a shame. I've been able to post it before so maybe there's a limit? Anyway you'll find it in my profile. Congrats on the launch and I'll definitely support you.
Salar Davari
@blissinvestor Yeap Chat GPT4 sends that message when you give a link, but the funny thing is that Chat GPT- Poe doesn't sent that message and provides a rather inclusive summary of the target website's services and other important information.
Lina Albin
Yes, I love it for brainstorming and as a writing assistant. Very useful tool πŸ™‚
@lina_azar sure point, it helps a lot to have a start on an Idea or to fine tune on marketing description or content
I use chatgpt to reword some of my thoughts. It saves me a lot of time on creating content
Halyna Prykhodniuk
Yes, I do use it for copywriting, but more as a helpful tool, not a replacement.
@halyna_plagiarismcheck_org Hey, we're live today, your support would be amazing ;) Will help you too !
Diana Akchurina
It helps me to generate texts
Darya Antonyuk
We use it quite often and even implemented into Blocks, our drag-n-drop email builder. AI saves a ton of resources on content creation and generating visuals for emails
@darya_antonyuk was the implementation easy in your product? And does any of your customer raided concerned for privacy or security ?
Darya Antonyuk
@johnmgt yeah, the implementation was quite easy thanks to our superb team of developers! As of now, we haven't received any concerned messages from our users
Can't believe it's already been a year since ChatGPT launched! I've been using it for a few months now, and I'm really impressed with how much it's helped me at work.
@hamza_afzal_butt Can you share what you use it for ? Is it only for content creation and rewriting or you use it for more ?
Matthew Phillips
We're helping to make chat based generative AI much more useful by connecting it to business applications you use everyday This means it has the data from the products you use to work, making it much more useful
Maria Hagsten
Wow, I can't believe it's already been a year! I use it daily to generate new ideas or to get out of the "blank page" paralysis. I don't let it do my work for me, so I see it as a companion that can help me move faster.
Deniz Hadzhaoglu
I trained the gpt-3.5-turbo and using it for weekly task scheduling
@hadzhaoglu Wow really curious about how you do it, you present it with your task and agenda and it helps you prioritize ? How do you do it ? could be reaaaaaaly helpful for me
Deniz Hadzhaoglu
@johnmgt Now we don't have pre-integrations, you need to add tasks manually. When you have tasks, AI write an explanation for task, estimate the duration, create subtasks (if main task's duration bigger than 3 hours) and put them into your calendar. All happens in seconds and also it calculate priority score using deadline date, subtasks and your rules.
Dave-Anthony Smith
I use generative AI daily, they are actually my free assistants and I call them as such. 🀣 Even though its been less than a year using these tools, it's already hard to imagine my work life without them. My go to for everyday use are ChatGPT, Hey Pi and Bard. From SEO to rewriting my work to make it more engaging and concise, for quick research, it's a game changer, for me at least.
@pointae wow, you really did the switch ! Is there different usage for you between PI, Bard and chatgpt ?
Dave-Anthony Smith
@johnmgt Here's the breakdown: ChatGPT: My go-to for polishing content! It enhances engagement, conciseness, and conversion potential, acting like a trusty copywriter. Less for research though, as most of its data is old. Hey Pi: My real-time research assistant! It delivers info in a friendly, digestible format. Perfect for quick overviews, idea advice, and brainstorming. Bard: The data wizard! When I need solid scientific research, studies, or numeric data, Bard comes to the rescue. Its great for evidence-backed insights. Hint: I just used ChatGPT to rewrite this reply to make it more engaging and concise. πŸ˜‰ This was my original response: ChatGPT - I use 9/10 times to rewrite my work, making it more engaging, concise and conversion-focused (if that's the goal). It's basically my copywriter. I don't use it much for research since most of the data is old. Hey Pi - This acts as my actual assistant. I use it to do a lot of research and it provides answers in a friendly, laidback and concise format which makes research easy to digest. So I can get an overview of any topic in several minutes. I also ask it for advice on ideas I have and use it for brainstorming, it's been awesome. Bard - I use mostly when I need to source scientific research, studies and numeric data on a topic. For eg. "Provide me with evidence-backed research on x topic."
Dave-Anthony Smith
@johnmgt Congrats John! Interestingly I recently launched my agency and in the market for a time tracking tool, so I'll definitely check out Gryzzly. What sets you apart from the competition?
Relja Denic
Of course, we write emails, copy for ads and similar, but just for the structure after that, we edit the text.
@relja_denic Same here, we product the initial content, improve it with AI and then adjust. Bu we really see the difference once the AI has done its job. Now I want to go further so see how it can help me crunch big chunk of csv data form my crm to get insight on my business