Multitasking or focusing on a single task?

Ahmet Umut Günbak
17 replies
I was wondering, which one do you think is more efficient or valuable? Do you think multitasking makes work more efficient and is it a skill that recruiters search for while looking for candidates? I started to hear a lot of discussions about this topic, and I personally started to believe that multitasking is not efficient in most cases but I'm really wondering your point of view. Please share your thoughts below

Replies

Raquel Yesner
I like to have one primary task where majority of my focus goes into- and secondary task to work on when I'm in a bit of a brain fog!
Paul Sutton
I believe deep work on one task is counterintuitively more efficient than multitasking. While you are only working on one task, your focused effort towards it means you are actually getting much more done.
Software Guy (Aarvy)
Focusing on a single task at a time is the only thing that works for me.
Taner Tuncer
It's depends on the task, but at a task like developing an app I don't think multitasking can be efficient. Also I think we humans are much more eligible for working on one task at a time
Ahmet Umut Günbak
@micah_baker Could you describe the reason behind this?
Selin Anil
I am stricly unable to be mono-tasking. Which can be hard to understand for coworkers I suppose. I'm a bit weary of appearing unfocused, but this is my own way of functioning and after some time, the team usually realizes it does not impair my productivity - on the contrary! It's just a unusual style I suppose :-)
Ahmet Umut Günbak
@selin_anil It may be increasing your motivation and productivity to direct your focus on another task when you are tired or distracted from the one you are working on. It was a valuable comment, thanks for sharing 🙏
Tess Meskin
Of course this is dependent on the task, but I like to multi-task on setting up the foundations of each task first. Then once I feel like those tasks are in a good enough space, I'll move into working on each task at a time!
Sefa Sarıkaya
Recently I saw this anonym quote; Multitasking……. The Art of MESSING UP Several Things at Once.
Knowledge Products
essentialism only ~ block the noise, focus on the signal
Carrie Stowe
Hi Everyone hope you are fine. I am Carrie Stowe and working as blogger. I am doing Affiliate marketing and social media marketing. So at a time, I have many tasks when I do one by one then my tasks sometime complete and when I have not schedule tasks then I waste my all time. Now I am working on this site. https://jhtackettmarketing.com/c...
Lodovico Sella
I think not many people would prefer this option but if it’s for me then I’ll surely consider myself a multi-tasker. There are chances of ending up spending a lot of time focusing on a single task so I go for keeping my schedule intact with 3-4 tasks.
Lodovico Sella
I think not many people would prefer this option but if it’s for me then I’ll surely consider myself a multi-tasker. There are chances of ending up spending a lot of time focusing on a single task so I go for keeping my schedule intact with 3,4 tasks.