Mac or PC?

Alex Egorov
74 replies

Replies

PC but get a lot of stick for it from the developer community 😀
Isis Clements
Using Windows since my childhood.
Jonathan Monroe
I've been using Windows PCs for 12 years.
Marc Bovenzi
I used Windows most of my life up until two years ago when I bought a Macbook Air.
@marc_bovenzi and now you’re hooked on a Mac right?
Marc Bovenzi
@flora_diep Yup, I bought the original M1 2020 edition. It's still the best value for most people. Maybe in 5 years or so I will upgrade. But right now I don't see the point.
Marc Bovenzi
@slimmy82 😄 Mac OS "just works" and is more intuitive than Windows in a lot of ways. One thing I liked about Windows, though, was how easy it was to do split-screen windows, etc. Windows machines give you a lot more powerful components for the same price and are more customizable, but I don't need all that.
@marc_bovenzi that’s fair. I used to build gaming machines. And agree they are also way ch cheaper. I don’t know now but before it would be easy for them to get clogged up with Instal files. Mac is a little easier to manage apps
Whitney M
PC. Sorry all MAC lovers
Dev Donald
@whitney_m12 Don't be. Everyone has his own perspective.
Veit Josef Schneider
I'm a PC guy :) What are the main reasons you prefer Mac over PC? Have you found any specific software or features that work better for you on a Mac? I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences! Additionally, if anyone has any recommendations for PC-exclusive software or tips for optimizing performance on a PC, please share them here. Let's have a productive discussion and learn from each other's perspectives!
Ruslan.D
@veit_josef_schneider Mac is must for mobile developers .. and and .. Apple's lovers ))) anyway it's good hardware and stability also UI is very friendly
Diogo Maia Caetano
Just to highlight my vote
George Lewis
Integration with Other Apple Devices: If you already own other Apple devices like iPhones or iPads, a Mac can offer a seamless integration experience.
James Lewis
Customization and Price: PCs offer a wide range of customization options, and you can often build a system to suit your specific needs and budget.
Dennis Harris
Gaming: If you are a gamer, PCs are generally more versatile and offer a wider selection of games compared to Macs.
Eric Savina
Launching soon!
I started with a Mac SE back in the 80s... Through the years, I had employers using windows machine so I had no choice but to try that OS. I have to say, it used to be pretty bad compared to macOS but then it became better and better. I have been regularly using Win 10 and Win 11 and have no complaint. But my MacBook Pro is still my main laptop. The main difference I have always seen between the two OSes if the philosophy behind them. macOS just works. I will always remember switching jobs when I used to work in audit and being amazed at how faster it was to prepare financial statements using a mac vs. PC. I went from 4-8 hours to 1-2 hours! But please understand that it was the late 90s and this is less and less true nowadays. Also, tried Ubuntu for a few years and loved it too!
I was a PC person and hesitantly jumped to Mac about 2005 or so and now I’m a Mac only person :) how about you Alex
Audo Purba
pc all the way
Julia Grant
I used to be Team PC for the flexibility, but after trying a Mac for creative work, I've been swayed by the performance.